Chapter 8

Narrator’s POV

2 weeks has past and Raymond still did not see Normani opened the sealed boxes. He was agitated and kept asking Normani to watch or do something to remember her past life but Normani insisted on showing it to Raymond, she do it on her own time, reminisce, zone out or just making herself remember those flashbacks. The two of them argues in the past two Thursday and today is one of them.

Normani’s POV

“Normani!” Raymond yelled, the frustration is obvious in his tone and the way he is standing right now. “How many times should I tell you that every Thursday, that are only once a week goes back and open those boxes.”

“Please, Raymond, I don’t even hang out or talk to my friends and Claire in Thursdays.” I said, I wanted to tell him that I wrote a song about Camila, but I don’t know why I can’t seem to bring myself to.

“For goodness sake! Normani! Will you please just do it?” He screamed, anger is clearly radiating from him now.

“I have something.” I said quietly, intimidated by his booming voice.

“What?” He asked,

“I wrote a song, that is why I haven’t been watching those movies because I was writing a song.” I explained a little louder.

“You could’ve told me that, and then I won’t be always sneaking around telling you, reminding you that you should’ve been doing that stuff.” He said “Because I know it has been annoying.”

“I want you to listen to it though.” I said.

He looked taken aback and looked at me. I know it might be surprising but I needed someone to lean on when I know I’m about to break, because I didn’t know how much I missed Camila and my friends and my parents when I started to think about them and today happened to be just one of those days.

“Are you sure? It might be personal.” He asked.

“I’m sure about it.” I said and take the case of my guitar in my guitar in it. I then started to walk outside.

“Where are you going?” He asked “Aren’t you going to let me listen to your song?”

“Yeah, I am, but right now, it’s just that, I feel as if this house is not that right place.” I said and walking towards my car.

“Where are we going?” Raymond asked like a lost puppy that he is.

I chuckled and started the engine. “A park.” I then looked through my rear mirror and sped away.

“Are you sure we’re going to the park?” Raymond asked, looking around, maybe he remembers the neighborhood. “Because this is Camila’s neighborhood.”

“Don’t worry. We are going to a park, the park where I realized I like Camila.” I explained.

Raymond mumbled a small oh and looking outside the window.

“yeah,” I answered and stopped. We arrived at the park and I found the bench when I and Camila used to talk on our late night walks, just talking about life

*Flashback*

I felt my phone vibrated and I checked to see who it was.

“Are you up for an adventure?” the first text said.

“Again?” The next one said. The message was from Camila and I can’t help but to smile wide and reply instantly.