Chapter 5

Narrator’s POV

It’s been a week of homesickness and hollowness for Normani; it’s as if she is in another world that is not much like the world she used to live in. A world full of illusion that people thinks that is real that sometimes Normani confuses herself too. With all this memories from her another life she ought to confuse that with the new ones.

Normani stayed in bed for that whole week considering that she too has a TV and DVD player set up in her room. Raymond would sometimes knock on her door; give her a proper meal especially breakfast. Sometimes, though Raymond would regret entering the vulnerable girl’s bedroom as he witness the pain that built up in Normani’s eyes. It’s those days that he wished he can do something, to at least take that girl’s misery. Raymond loved Normani like she is his own daughter and he is dying every minute he hears sobs that comes from the girl’s bedroom.

However, even if Normani is having such a bad day, her friends would come along and try to cheer her up. They thought she is having some type of flu that’s why she won’t be able to come to school. Though, Normani reassured them that she will be just fine.

Normani’s POV

It’s been a week since that unwavering pain and hollowness. I stood tall though. Alex, Sierra, Niall, Louis and especially Claire took good care of me because of my “sickness” they would bring my homework, sing along with me and they would leave Claire with me. She’s truly caring and loving, so gentle too. I wonder why I haven’t come across with this person in my past life before. I would’ve loved to meet Claire in my past life even though as friends. I would be glad for her to be around. Even if I just met her and those memories with her might not be real. I am still glad I have her in my life. She marked a special place in my heart now. Not as special as Camila but Claire comes next after her. I love them both and I care about them a lot.

“How have you been?” Claire asked as she came entering my bedroom. It is just right after school of a Friday.

“I’ve been feeling better.” I said and gave her a smile “You’ve been the greatest nurse. Thank you.” I said and took her hand in mine; Claire blushed and bowed her head down.

“It was not just me,” Claire said and shyly smiled, looking at me through her lashes “Niall, Louis, Alex and Sierra, too.”

“Yeah, but you are here most of the time.” I said.

“But they were here as well.”

“They didn’t make me feel better, you did.”

“But-“

I cut her off with a quick kiss and nuzzle my nose against hers. “No, buts.” I said.

She just smiled and leaned in again connecting our lips together. I felt something about the kiss, though I am worried to where my loyalty stands now. I do love Camila, and I deeply care about Claire. Claire makes me feel jittery, and butterflies. Maybe, just maybe, tonight should be the last one I would be watching those CDs. Maybe it would help to stack them away for a while. Maybe I should just move on, I am not going to forget about my past because it's a huge part of being me but I might as well leave it as it is.