2. Blast from the Past?

"Just because they have your heart,  
doesn't mean they will be there for you 
always."
----------------------------------------------

Oh God! I gasped at the sight in front of me. The interior of the house looked so different, it made me sad that in these two years so much has changed.

Everything seemed so distant to me. I looked continuously at the white walls covered with our memories. I already miss Maa and Ved and Nanu...

"Come on in bacha. Everyone's waiting for you in the living room." Papa spoke as one of the house helper took my luggage and we all went inside. As we went inside I looked around the house, couldn't help myself but feel like a stranger in my own home...

In the living room, I saw both chachu and choti maa sitting along with Dadi (Grandma). Great just great! I prepared myself for the outburst that's about to happen, Papa sensed my discomfort and pressed my hand lightly in assurance.

When Dadi took a notice of my presence she came towards me with tears streaming down her face and embraced me in thetightest hug ever, "Oh my Aaday is finally here! How are you feeling now? How's everyone in Pune? I missed you so much baccha! I'm so sorry baccha." She cried. Huh? Is she all right? I observed her face, she did look frailer than before.

I am taken aback for the reason that this was the first time she has hugged me like this. Two years ago she didn't care about me much, the reason is still unknown to me and to every family member... 

I noticed that everyone was waiting for me to say something or at least to hug Dadi  back, so I did. I hugged her firmly and felt contented to finally have that love and care, I was deprived of. That hug comforted me the same way Nani's hug used to feel...

"I missed you too Dadi. I'm alright don't worry also everyone is good in Pune. Please don't cry, or else I'll also start crying" I whispered to her while wiping the stray tears, she nodded and took a step back, stared at me tenderly and stroked my hair softly.

"What's up Verma family?" Bhai !! Finally he is here! I turned back and stared at him.
Ayaan Verma, my big brother cum best friend. He's four years older than me which makes him twenty three years old. 

He gawked at me as if he couldn't believe his eyes that I was finally here, in Mumbai. I took long strides and stood in front of him, I had to make the first move as he seemed to be in a daze. Oh brother!

He swiftly pulled me in his warm embrace, we hugged as if our lives depended on it. He kissed my hair and murmured, "Munchkin I'm sorry!"

"You know Captain, you should say 'you missed me' then say 'sorry'. No wonder you don't have a girlfriend!" Still in his embrace I teased him, trying my best to lift the melancholy mood. Luckily everyone laughed however Ayaan Bhai shushed them all. Aww poor brother!

"Aye! Don't talk to me like that, I'm your big brother. You should talk to me with respect or else you'll not get your gift!" My ears perked up at the mention of gift, I examined his face, and well it doesn't look like he's joking about it. Let's see!

"Aww Bhai you know me, I was just kidding. Obviously you don't need a girl, you're awesome anyway!" I spoke nervously, buttering him.

"Ugh Munchkin, don't start with your buttering now. Don't worry you will surely receive your precious gift." He smiled at me and I hugged him again.

"Okay kids enough now! Ayaan you go first and freshen up and Aadya you go too and take a nap. I'll wake you up around dinner time. Okay?" Choti maa told us and we did what we were told.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My room still looked the same as before, only the change was that there was a queen sized bed instead of the old single bed.

All of my luggage was already in there, I picked out a pajama set and went towards the washroom. After washing my face I quickly changed my clothes because to be honest I was exhausted!

As I was about to sleep, my phone starting buzzing. It was mum. Shit she's going to kill me! I was debating whether should I answer it or not, eventually answered it...

"Hello Maa!" I replied sleepily.

"Don't 'hello' me young lady! Do you have any idea how worried we all were here? I told you to call me as soon as you reach Mumbai but you never listen to me, thankfully your brother informed me or else I would've died of worry!" She started shouting but by end her voice started wavering, making me feel guilty for worrying her.

"Sorry Maa. I will not give some excuse because it will be of no use so I can only promise that I will try my best to call you more often but you have to promise me that you'll never say something like that ever again okay? Once again I'm sorry mumma!" I requested her as I felt my eyes getting droopy.

"It's okay and I promise I won't say that again. By the way did you take your medicines? Aadya I'm telling you if you won't take them on time, I will never talk to you!" My mother exclaimed. Oh divinity, please help me.

"Yes maa I know and I have already taken my medicines (lie, lie, lie!) so don't you worry. Maa listen can we talk later? I'm tired and sleepy." I explained to her and quickly went towards my backpack and took out the medicines from its front pocket.

"Okay Baccha. Take care of yourself. I love you and miss you." Maa whispered from the phone. "Miss you too and love you too maa. Bbye!" I spoke as I took the medicines then cut the call and dozed off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Bro quickly wake her up! I need to make an important call." Who is shouting in my room? it's so noisey. I snuggled more in my pillow.

"Aadya wake up!" what the hell! Who is he to wake me up? 

"Let me sleep! Get out of my room." I mumbled, nuzzling my face in my pillow.

"Oh for God's sake wake up already!" this time he shouted, scaring the shit out of me...

I opened one eye to look at him but saw no one. Where did he go? Then opened both of my eyes and saw him. Although He looks familiar but I don't remember who he is. As the situation dawned on me I sat up straight, pulling the blanket closer.

"Who are you? And what are you doing in my room?" I started screaming as he came close to me and he placed his hand on my mouth stopping me from screaming. His hand is so soft. Aadya what are you thinking?

"Aadya it's me Neil, your brother's best friend remember? And please stop screaming or else everyone will think I did something to you!" He explained and whispered. I nodded my head in order to tell him that I get it but he didn't remove his hand, so I licked his hand. Yuck Aadya!

He immediately removed his hand and took out the handkerchief from his blazer's pocket and wiped his hand. Idiot!

"What the hell? How old are you? Five?" He exclaimed then scowled at me, while I gave him my deadliest glare.

"Actually I'm nineteen but you don't need to know. Also don't you know that it's bad to curse in front of kids?" I spoke with a honey coated tone. 

"You and a kid? What a joke-" Neil started but was cut off by Ayaan Bhai who just entered my room.

"Oh great! You guys have already met so come on now both of you. Munchkin go and wash up, everyone is waiting for you downstairs. And Neil you, come with me I need to discuss something with you." Ayaan Bhai spoke then they both went out of my room.

Finally peace!

Oh now I remember him! Neil Raichand, the genius of Raichand family. He looks so different now; those fine cheekbones, sleek black hair and seeing his built, definitely he has started doing workout, and he looks so hot! No Aadya no don't think about him.

I still remember how he used to tease me nearly everyday. Don't fall for his looks. He was a jerk back then and still is!

-------------------------------------------

Hey there people!! :)
What do you guys think of Aadya's family?

And what is the matter with her?
Please comment down your feedbacks.
Please vote and share if you like this one! <3
Peace!
- Ayushi ♡