TwinleafShipping: Barry's Response

A/N: I decided I shouldn't torture you guys anymore, so here's the sequel, if you want to call it that, of the first chapter.

I've also decided to write out the fight scene so you guys have a better understanding of what's going on.

...

Barry almost knocked down Dawn's bedroom door while entering her room.

"Kari Kari!" he exclaimed.

Dawn looked up from her book, seriously irritated. "First, there's no need to shout, since we're indoors," she replied angrily. "Second, there's no need practically demolish my door. Third, don't call me that stupid nickname." She sighed. "What do you want, Barry?"

His eye twitched a little, but he hid his slight annoyance with a grin. "Just wanted to say hi!" He beamed in his trademark Barry-adorkable way. "Hi, Kari Kari!"

Dawn sighed again. "Hi, Barry. But, really, there's no need to almost break my door and shout indoors. And don't call me Kari Kari!" She picked up her book, Mocking-Chatot, again.

He smirked and dance around. "Kari Kari, Kari Kari!"

She slammed her book down. There was a dangerous glint in her eyes. "If you don't have anything better to do than to prance around like some idiot and call me that stupid nickname, then get out!" she yelled, beyond infuriated. "There's no need to interrupt my reading."

Her words made a really deep cut in him, much worse than that time Jupiter had defeated him. His smirk fell off, replaced by a hurt expression. "Oh, so your reading is more important than spending time with your best friend?" he retorted, more sadly than angrily.

Upon hearing that, Dawn stood up. "Maybe if you weren't such a prick in the bottom, I might actually consider hanging out with you! I always tell you to stop calling me that idiotic nickname, but it turns out you have selective hearing! You only hear what you want to hear - all the other stuff just goes in one ear and out the other. Maybe that's why Jupiter pretty much mopped the floor with you, because you didn't listen to my advice!"

That was the final straw. Nobody ever, ever brought up that humiliating event and got away with it. "What is it to you?" he snapped. "My methods may be unorthodox, but at least I'm willing to be friends with a female Mighteyana like you. Arceus, you can't recognize a joke if it accidentally walked into you! And so what if I lost to Jupiter the first time? I got better after that!"

"That's the thing - I don't want to be called Kari Kari, but obviously you don't care about my feelings! All you care about is yourself, Barry!" Tears of fury pricked in Dawn's eyes.

"Oh, so helping your sorry butt against Mars and Jupiter on Mount Coronet is selfish. Comforting you when you're upset is selfish. Being a gracious loser is selfish."

Dawn was silent.

The two of them glared at each other, until she couldn't take it anymore. She said weakly, "Barry-"

"Save it!" he snapped. "You wanted me to go away, so I will. To Johto. I'll never bother you ever again, because I'll be there. Forever."

"No-"