2- Friends

(Sonic is 26, and Tails is 20)
Sonia, Manic, and Sonic looked at Tails, all with a different expression. Sonia had an 'Are you serious' look, Manic just looked bored, Sonic had a guilty, sorrowful, look, while Tails looked innocently confused.

As soon as Tails asked the question, Sonic silently stole a pleading glance at his siblings, begging them to not betrey their race's secret. Sonia and Manic looked at him like he was crazy.

"N-no! O-of course not!" Sonic stuttered, so unlike the calm and cocky demeanor he usually kept.

Tails's face scrunched up in concentration. "Then how come I've never heard or seen anything like Tainshi? Or of Sonia and Manic? If you had siblings, you would of told me. Also, who would want to swim in the ocean at 8:30 am? Plus, the only time you ever stutter, Sonic, is when you're lying. Tell me the truth!"

Both newcomers looked at Tails in disbelief. He was, like, 10, and was putting the puzzle together in a heartbeat and demanding they told the truth. At this rate, he'd find out the truth like *snaps fingers* that!

There was an uncomfortable silence after Tails's statement until Sonic took a deep, steadying breath.

"I-i'm sorry Tails, I can't tell you."

"Then tell me what you can!"

"Fine. If the wrong people discover my secret, they'll capture me for research. They'll do tests and all kinds of things! Either until I die or they disect me. It happened before, it can happen again." Sonic chocked out. The one who went through all of that happed to be his father.

Tails looked at the blue hedgehog, seemingly studying him. After a while, the words Sonic thought he'd never hear again came from his friend's mouth.

"I believe you. But we should let the others know."

Sonic sighed in relief, "Know what?"

Tails glanced at Sonic with a sour expression. "That you've lied to us for over six years."

Sonic sighed, eyes flooding with remorse. "Fine, but I can't tell them either."

"Alright. Get ready for the day, you got some explaining to do." Tails growled and walked out of the room, Sonia and Manic following close behind.

Sonic watched them leave, small tears streaming down his face. "I'm sorry... Sonia, Manic, Mom, Dad, Merna..... Tails. I'm so, so, sorry that I lied and left you. I'm so sorry Merna, for leaving you just after you became pregnant. I'm sorry Mom, I didn't want to become the King of the Sea. I'm so, so, so, sorry..." Sonic whispered, staring at a picture of his family and Merna.

Unbeknownst to Sonic, Tails gasped as he leaned against the wall next to Sonic's room.

'He's a merhog, I knew it!'