Drastic Movements

"Call them."

"We found an opening, follow the trail. Hurry." Raven spoke into the phone. Heavy footsteps came and I looked at Raven. "Let's go." I said. Everyone grabbed each other's hand. "Are you sure you want to do this? You know what happens when you enter their Void." Raven asked me. I nodded.

We all slowly walked into the tunnel. A piercing sound screeched, making everyone else but me, drop to the ground. Blood poured from my eyes as I stood still. "How are you standing?" A voice asked. "I'm not sure." I said. An arm grabbed my hand. The pitch black darkness wouldn't allow me to see my captor. I screamed as I was dragged.

The tunnel wasn't long, but the man punched in a code to a padlock, allowing the door to open. The door closed abruptly as I seen light. A man in a police officers riot apparel was shown. A man in a scientists jacket sat facing a window. "What are you doing? Let me go." My blood continued to spill over my clothes as I took low breaths. "Dr. Strangebomb, I have a mysterious case for you. She stood during the piercing noise." The man said and threw me on the ground.

My small body crushed on the ground as I took a deep inhale. The man turned around and eyed me. His complexion was interesting. Black, wavy hair that dropped around his jaw line and a small goatee. "Bring her to me and leave the room." The man picked my fragile body onto the table. He walked quickly out of the room.

"What's your name?" He asked and I stayed quiet. "If you want out of here, you need to tell me." He said and I stared at him. "Shadow Quincy." I said lowly. His eyes widened and looked deeply at me. "Now you answer my question, why am I here?" I said and he bit his lip. "You're not normal... you shouldn't have been able to stand. There shouldn't be blood." He said. "And I know why. You're the first case Void 747 has seen in 146 years." He said and walked around the table.

"Shadow, you're chosen." He said. I looked confused at him. "What's your name?" I asked and he bit his lip again and took his gloves off. "My name's Emerson. Emerson Kropp." He said and my eyes flew open. "Stay the fuck away from me." I warned and pulled my switchblade on him. "You work for Alister." I said and he nodded. He stepped quickly over to a camera and shut it off.

"I'm a poser. I take people like you to a place, it's like witness protection. I need to get you out of here because I'm supposed to kill you. You are what Alister is afraid of." He said looking at me deeply in the eyes. "How do I know if you're lying?" I said and pushed the blade up to his neck. "You don't. You'll just have to trust me. Please." He said and I put the blade in my pocket.

"Thank you. I need to carry you out of this room, I need you to act very dead. I'll lead you out of here and I'll take you there." He said and I bit my lip. He looked in my eyes as of asking consent and I nodded. He grabbed my small body and I let my body go limp. "You're really good at acting dead." He chuckled and I laughed a little. I went completely limp and went to my happy place.

The door opened and I heard the man who dragged me in there. "I can take her." The man said. "It's okay. I feel like going for a walk anyways." Mr. Kropp said. "Okay. Suit yourself."