Chapter 16

Song for the chapter: Believe by Ric Hassani.

"Girl na you.
Na you when I need,
Na you dey my dreams,
You're the only one for me."

Thank you for reading and supporting me. Check out the author's note of my new book FRIENDS and add it to your libraries.

Munachimso

So far, so good, the date had been going on just fine. He decided that it would be best to go to the new Japanese restaurant close to Shalewa's house and surprisingly, Chike had been acting like an absolute gentleman.

I studied His face with utmost concentration and He didn't even seem to notice because He was eating his food and talking to me at the same time.

He had that kind of cuteness that was very rare amongst business men. With his cute, big, warm eyes that shimmered anytime He talked about His baby sister and how much fun they had at Disney land, I couldn't help but admire Him.

I snapped out of my momentarily daydream and noticed that Chike was looking at me with fixed eyes.

He coughed and I licked my lips nervously. "I hope you're enjoying the food."

"Yes I am..Thank you." I stuttered nervously.

His eyes widened immediately and I turned around to check my surrounding but I didn't see anything unusual.

"Is there a problem?!" I queried and He quavered in laughter.

"I guess you were enjoying this view more than the food in front of you." He replied sarcastically as he gestured to himself and I chortled in laughter. "Because you were totally checking me out."

"In your dreams Mister." I retorted playfully. "Don't scare me like that ever again."

"I didn't take you to be the scaredy type." He smirked.

"And so..no one could be sure about their boldness when they're around your family."

"You're such a clown!" He threw his head back in laughter and I smiled. "Look I know a lot of people are out to get my family but don't worry I'll protect you."

"Wow my knight in shining armor! Keep preaching and maybe one day I might believe you." I picked up my glass of wine. "Oh how could I forget that you were a prince the other time you went to Disney land." I sipped slowly on my glass of wine.

"But for real though, do you like the place? You seemed to be so deep in your thoughts..Anything you want to talk about?"

I chuckled. "Chike trust me when I say I'm fine." I stated reassuringly.

He placed his hands under his chin then he smiled at me. "So that means we can obviously do this another time?"

I observed him and thought about how this dinner went well and although my conscience kept telling me to just give it another try, something didn't feel right.

I picked up a piece of fried chicken with my golden fork and I placed it in my mouth with my gaze still fixed on Him.

"We"ll see about that." I answered and He nodded His head in approval.

"Not the shot I was aiming at but okay..I can manage that." He licked his lips and my eyes followed every action that he took.

"Look, I had fun but let time tell okay?"

He reached out for my hand across the table and he caressed it softly. "Okay Muna. I'll be patient with you."

My words got stuck in my throat because I wasn't expecting such a gesture from Him but I wasn't going to make him feel like he had such a big effect on me.