hair: curls

Calum was finally free from being sick. Ever since he came out of the room, he had spent every single minute with Ava and Ava only. He was back to being the Calum who he was before, but stronger than he'd ever been.

He was able to catch up with the band's promotions, and to make things much better, his buddy Ashton also regained his strength back which made everything in his life comeback in place.

His relationship with Ava has become more intimate and stronger as they peaked to another level of comfort with each other. He had shown so much affection to Ava in the little things that they do, who wasn't bothered by it at all, for she loves him.

Love.

If Calum was living in 2018, he could've swore he would never find anyone who would love him the way he loves them. If he sees his future relationship with Ava, he would be in disgust for he doesn't believe in forever and would only lock his heart once more.

What's crazy about their relationship was that Calum had a lock in his heart, and back when they first met, he felt like Ava had gain possession over the key to it already. But she never used it. Even if there was something brewing in their relationship.

Maybe Ava had seen the future and had known it wasn't the right time for them to click on that day. Maybe Ava wanted to see if Calum was willing to wait for her as they go on their lives without each other's presence. Nevertheless, he was glad she had kept the key with herself.

He finished cooking the scrambled eggs and grabbed the plate that was filled with all breakfast food he could make. He grabs the tea behind him and went to Ava's room. He ponders on whether he should knock on the door or walk in with no hesitation before proceeding to raise his hand.

"Ava?" He knocks quietly before opening the door slowly. He takes a small peek in the room to see her sleeping quietly in her bed. He smiles from the sight before going inside and closing the door with his feet from behind. He walked near to her desk and set her meal and moved beside her. He sits right next to her bed while bringing his hand upon her hair, combing it while tucking some behind her ear to reveal the face he had loved the most.

His heart flutters as he thought about how lucky he was to be in her hands. He thought he didn't deserved to be with Ava, let alone anyone. He thought love was just a temporary thing and is a waste of time, but here he was.

Drunk in love.

"You make me do things, Ava." His eyebrows furrowed, whispering those words as the sun starts to peek from the windows.

Ava shifted from her bed, her arms finding to block the sunlight from her eyes. She opens her eyes and immediately smiles when she sees the person in front of her.

"Morning." Calum spoke softly, his fingers tracing over her cheek as he let out a smile.

"Good morning." Ava mumbled, propping her arms at her back to sit up with the help of Calum.

"I made you breakfast while you were asleep." Calum took the plate from the desk and handed it to her.

Ava's eyes widened as she stared at the meal prepared for her. Her mouth waters from the sight and looke up to see Calum grinning widely.

"You woke up early for this?"

"Yeah, I mean." Calum sat at the edge of her bed. "I couldn't sleep, and I wanted to pay back everything you've done when you took care of me."

"Well that's new. There was never a day where you woke up earlier than me." Ava laughed while taking a bite of the sandwich. She groaned in delight while nodding.

"And." Calum wiped off the crumbs in her face as she continued. "I wanted to take care of you. You were in pain and it hurts for me to not do anything. I bet you would do the same thing too."

Calum smiled from her words as he nodded. When Roy, his bestfriend, left his house to be with his girlfriend, there was no one in the household to take good care of him when he feels sick. He either asks Ashton or his bandmates for some help but in cases when they're busy, the only thing he could do was whimper alone in the bed until he magically feels better. So when Ava took the position to be his personal nurse, he realized what it felt like to be in good hands or taken care of.

"But still. This is my way to show my appreciation. Any wishes from you, I'll grant it with all my power."

"Anything, huh?" Ava smirked.

"Anything."

"For one, you should cook all our meals for today." Ava playfully wrote in her hand.

"Two. We should have a movie night because we haven't done that for so long."

"Yeah, I agree."

"And three." She looked at Calum before speaking. "Cancel out the idea of shaving your head because I'm going to bleach it."

"Wha- no. No. You can't touch my hair. No one can touch my hair except for Calum Hood himself."

"You told me anything." Ava pointed out.

"But-" Calum rambled on. "Admit it, Ave. I look hot with my hair shaved."

"But I love your curls." Ava let out her puppy eyes which was hard to resist. "Plus, it's easier for me to grab it."

"Grab it when you're screaming my name?"

"Calum!" Ava slapped his arm while he gave out the loudest laugh he ever had.

"In that case, then yes, you can bleach it. And I won't shave my hair" Calum smiled while pushing off the plate from her lap and replaced his head from it. Ava started to play his curls, twirling it once a while.

"Your fans love your curls." Ava reminded him.

"You think so? I honestly thought I looked better with my hair shaved. And these curls are annoying." Calum showed a disgusted face as he ran his fingers through his hair.

"You like the idea of people calling you an egg?" Ava raised her eyebrows while smiling.

"I mean-" Calum paused to think. "You do have a point but.."

"I love my hair 'kay? It made me look more manly than I could ever be." Ava grinned widely as she thought about how Calum really looks more buff right now than he was when she first met him.

"Yeah you do look like a hormonal teenager years ago." Calum looked at her in disbelief before huffing behind her like a kid. Ava giggled as she grabbed his shoulders to get his attention.

"But you did gained a few pounds." Ava spoke.

"Is it bad?" Calum asked, suddenly feeling insecure over the said topic.

"Why would it be bad? You look much healthier than you were before." Ava furrowed her eyebrows, noticing the sudden changes in Calum's face.

"People have been calling me fat ever since I gained weight and I look back at the pictures where I looked two times skinnier than I am right now and- I don't know."

"Wait- hold on a second. You are far from that word, Mr. Hood." Ava suddenly sat up straight and grabbed his arms. "These? These are muscles, okay? It what makes you look tough. Whoever said that to you has probably rotten in hell that holy water wouldn't even help. Who even had the audacity to call you like that? Those stupid fùcking people."

"What about my face?" Calum said. "I've lost those sharp jawlines that was a representation of hot ever since a year ago."

"Who needs hot guys when I have a cute and hot guy in here?" Ava widened her eyes as she cupped his face.

"So you like this?" He took her finger and poked it in his soft cheek. She let out a laugh while poking it ince more.

"Yeah, I love this." She pinched his cheeks earning a groan from him.

"It's soft and squishy. That's what I like about you."

________________

whoever thinks calum is not cute, istg.
and just because his not skinny as he was before, doesn't mean he's not hot anymore. his-