Chapter 9

Sophie woke up in the diamond walled infirmary back at headquarters with a familiar face standing over her. Keefe, sporting a newly pressed and crisp white cloak much like her own although the bronze accents adorning his gave her the higher status.
"Thank goodness your awake." he sighed happily. She felt a slight stinging at the base of her skull but she seemed to be able to move all her limbs without pain.
"What happened?" she asked groggily as she swung her legs over the side of the cot.
"One of them fit you with a device, no permanent damage but it gave you a nice shock," he replied.
"And how are you here?" she asked looking around to confirm her location.
"Fintan was impressed with my skills and offered me a position," he answered simply.
"You hate my father." she pointed out a bored expression on her face.
"At first yes but I see now the Neverseen has changed and it has changed for the better. The council is too powerful and the public seems decidedly for us." she shivered at the word us, he was now defining himself as a part of the group he despised, but it wasn't a bad shiver it was born of relief. Finally, someone understood how they had changed for the better. Finally, he understood she didn't need saving. Finally it was him and her forever.

Two weeks later

Everything was not good in the Neverseen, her father was not accepting Keefe the way she wanted, she could feel herself slipping, perhaps it was the blood on her hands, perhaps there was so much of it even her human DNA couldn't protect her from the guilt. Fintan kept them separate with him in a separate floor and on different missions and so one day she sat in a meeting looking at her father when it was like a switch turned on in her brain.
Fintan Pyren had to go.

(Sorry for the short chapter but I am working on my novel recently but I decided to update. Just a reminder this is a darker twist on my first story so I would not expect a happy ending 😉😏)

For being such amazing fans...

This chapter is dedicated to LunaLarkCygnus  LadyFossBossWins