Distant

After they had both woken up merlin decided to show Arthur the shower again and that he shouldn't be afraid of it, whilst Arthur was showering merlin was making breakfast for them both, he wanted to show Arthur some new foods so he made pancakes with fruit and coffee on the side. Merlin had dished up the food and was sipping his coffee whilst waiting for Arthur, neither of them mentioning the events of the morning when they woke up in each other's arms but they didn't feel it was necessary to mention.

Arthur had finished showering and wrapped a towel around his waist when he remembered the clothes merlin had gave him were dirty so he walked out of the bathroom in only a towel to find merlin. "Ah there you are merlin, can you make me some new clothes because the other ones are dirty" merlins mouth was dry when he saw Arthur walk into the kitchen half naked, he couldn't help but stare at his chest and imagine what it would be like if they were a couple, imagine that he could just go out to him and kiss him. "Merlin! Did you listen to anything I just said?" Arthur shouted whilst waving a hand in front of merlins face "oh uh no, um what did you say?" " you are a dollop head, why do I stick around with you? You have never listen to me not even when I was king. Anyways I said have u got any more clothes for me?" "Oh um yeh hang on" merlin used his magic and a pile of clothes appeared in his hands, he passed them to Arthur with a blush.

After Arthur got changed he sat back down in the kitchen where merlin had made some food. "Oh my god merlin what is this stuff it's so nice?!" Arthur said with his mouth stuffed with pancakes, Merlin stared at him and chuckled "they are called pancakes, they are so good even that there is a whole day dedicated to them" "what really? That's amazing"
After breakfast merlin felt over whelmed again but didn't want to concern Arthur so he decided that he would distance himself a little bit. He started answering Arthur's questions with hums and spent a lot of time in his room, Arthur of course noticed this, he wanted merlin to be cheeky with him and insult him like he always did. He decided that he was going to do something to cheer merlin up.