Chapter 2.

~Songs for this chapter~

How - The Neighbourhood

Let It Go -The Neighbourhood.

**

I quickly walked away from the diner, and the boy followed behind. I looked behind me and felt my breathing start to take a high rate. He caught up to me and, with his large, soft hand, grabbed my arm. I felt my heart sink as I turned to look at him.

"What The hell-" I snapped and he interrupted me.

"Mercury, you don't remember me at all?" The thick British accent spoke, the bright green orbs staring into my blue ones. I took a good look at him and it hit me.

"Harry?" I whispered and felt tears rim my eyes. He nodded and took in my expression, noticing how close I was to crying. I never cried. And like the cocky asshole he is, he smiled.

Harold Edward Styles. The name I couldn't stop thinking about from 6th grade to 9th. I didn't think of this name in a nice way. I actually hated it. Harry tormented me for a good 4 and a half years, and he made me the way I was today. A pissy bitch who didn't take shit from anyone. Back in those years, I was a bit over weight, and Harry was always the one to make me feel insecure about it.

December 13, 2009

I sat at my lunch table alone, drinking from a water bottle and eating a cup of low fat yogurt. I drew in my sketch book, and kept to myself. I didn't have any friends and I didn't intend on getting any. The beautiful curly haired boy and his friends approached my table, laughing.

"Watch this!" Harry told his friends as he made his way over. "Hey Mercury." The boy spoke with a smile.

"Um H-hi.." I spoke and looked down.

"Mercury," He said my name, and laughed. "That name really fits you. You know, since your double chin is just about as big as Mercury." His friends burst into a fit of laughter. Harry grabbed my drawing and rolled his eyes, ripping it up. Harry chuckled and backed away, heading to the table of cheerleaders with his friends. I felt tears rim my eyes as I looked down at my ripped drawing. I had worked on it for two weeks, every day at lunch to keep me occupied. A tear rolled down my cheek, the table of cheerleaders laughing at me along with Harry and his friends.

From that point on, I promised to myself that I would loose weight to prove to Harry that I was not fat like he always said I was, and in 10th grade and 11th, I found myself starving myself and only eating 3 or 4 times in a week. Harry was moved to a different school during the middle of 9th grade, and on his last day, he tormented me to the biggest extent possible.

"What the fuck do you want?" I snapped at the boy, and he was taken back by my attitude. He glared at me and shook his head.

"I wanted to apologize, but it seems I'm to late.." He said, annoyance filling his accent.

"What? Apologize? Harry Styles is trying to apologize to me? I never thought i'd see the day." I spoke, gasping and putting my hand on my heart. I rolled my eyes and took a puff of my cigarette.

"Come on, I've changed! I know I was an ass to you, but the past is the past, right?"

"Fuck off." I breathed, puffing smoke in his face. He coughed and waved his hand to get the smoke away. I chuckled at this and looked at the busy traffic, knowing i'd never get a taxi.

"I mean, I would but you're far too sexy to pass up," He spoke and bit his lip. I scoffed and walked away,causing him to chuckle. I rolled my eyes at the annoying boy, his image staying in my brain. He was beautiful though. Harry was quite attractive all through school..But now? He was absolutely adorable.