Chapter 4: Heir to The Hearts

The two Lightners walked back to Fifer and Carol's room. Kris gave them the chest. They looked surprised and opened it immediately.

"Wow! It's money! We can buy so many things with this." Carol said, throwing some of the money in the air.

"Hey, tell Howard we said thanks and you're welcome, okay?" Fifer said joyous. Kris walked away disappointed in themselves, they wished that they kept the chest.

The two Lightners have come across the kitchen, where two chefs were seen working. Kris looked at Susie. Susie looked at Kris.

"..."

"Let's get'em"

Kris and Susie ransacked the place, and ate a lot of food and snacks. Kris couldn't eat much more, but their reptilian friend went HAM. The two chefs ran away, scared for their lives.

When Kris and Susie were done, Princess Dalia has come to the kitchen. Susie and Kris stumbled over each other, both were embarrassed. Dalia looks tired and beat up, and worst of all, hungry.

Kris tilted their head confused. Dalia drags herself towards Kris, and puts a hand on their shoulder. Kris stares at her nervously.

She has a pair of keys, and gives them to Kris. "Basement..." she mutters, then collapses on the floor. Susie and Kris frantically tried to wake her up. Thankfully she was still breathing, but she didn't look okay.

"Damn it! What the hell happened? God she's looks so weak, if only Ralsei was here."

Kris ordered her to pick the princess up. Susie picked up Dalia, and the two of them headed to the throne room, and placed Dalia on the throne.

Kris placed a basket of food they collected next to the throne, and a note incase she woke up. Neither of them felt like force-feeding her.

"We need to find Ralsei," Susie says, "didn't she say something about a basement?" The leader looks at the keys they've been given. Kris doesn't exactly know where to put these keys...

"Oh!" Kris said aloud, making Susie jump. "What?" Susie was surprised to hear Kris's first word. Kris hummed and gestured her to follow them.

Kris ran into the elevator, and inserted the key. The elevator activated and took them to Floor X. Susie high-fived Kris.

Once the elevator opened, the two were introduced to a vast darkness. Darker than Lancer's basement. There were lights, but very few. Kris found a nearby lantern and picked it up.

Susie was behind Kris the whole time, until they saw a faint green green light shining in one of the hallways. The two of them ran towards it, then slowed their speed immediately.

There was mumbling.

They hid behind a wall and listened. They could seen a tall person in a dark red cloak. "Stupid Dalia. She took the keys. Once my wife, and now my enemy all of a sudden."

That voice was oddly familiar. Could it be?
"Howard...?" Susie whispered.

"Well at least I have goat boy. Right little fella?" Said the voice, followed by heavy knocking. Kris lifted up their hair, and gasped aloud. Susie and Kris ducked away, before the prince could see them.