Chapter 3: Two Princes

The two knights look back and cross their arms. "Let them in Omar. They're with us." Carol said firmly. The left guard had withdrawn his sword. The other stayed idle.

"..."

"David!" Fifer said agitated.

"What if they have it? I've heard somewhere that these are the 'Lightners' that like to cause trouble." David grips his sword tighter. His partner looks at him a gestures for him to put it down. David eyes Omar.

Ralsei steps forward, and hands him the scroll he had. "Wait sir! We need to talk to the prince. The prince wanted us to help abolish the infection, read this."

David opens the scroll, and reads some of the writing. He nods and hands it back to the small goat. He withdraws his sword.

"I apologize, please move ahead."

And they do so. The guards closed the entrance once the party made it inside. Ralsei looks anxious. "Wow... Those guys don't mess around..."

Carol leads the group forwards. "Of course. Why would they? The kingdom fears that the infection might spread to other kingdoms, and we are doing our best to limit the spread."

"Then why are you guys kicking out townsfolk?" Ralsei asked.

"You like to ask a lot of questions. You're lucky that we're happy to answer..." Carol says annoyed. She continues, "we never kick out infected folk. We lock them up, but they manage to escape, somehow."

"We don't really know how that happens, because the infection basically turns you into a zombie. Just without the brains and stuff," Fifer adds.

Town folks stare at the Lightners in fear. Kris looks at mother who covers her kid's eyes, and shakes her head disappointedly. Kris felt sick inside.

Susie was looking at the mother too, and shook her head back

Susie was looking at the mother too, and shook her head back. The mother looked at Susie with her jaw dropped. It took everything in Susie's power to not start laughing right then and here.

Fifer noticed how uncomfortable the small goat boy looked. Fifer slowed her walk speed, and walked behind the Lightners. "I'll walk back here, just in case." Ralsei looks back at her and smiles feebly, and she gives him a thumbs up.

Finally they made it to the castle's gate, to which Fifer uses the keys she had. Fifer opens the large doors with her two small hands.

There he stood, the prince and his princess. The prince gives them a welcoming smile, and the princess raises an eyebrow. She starts whispering to the prince, his response was a motion of dismissing waves.