⍟ Chapter 7 ⍟

Picture shown is of the twins also both looking a bit old , oops. Paisley is the left, Hazel is the right

⍟ Chapter 7 ⍟

A week had passed since we threw The Big Game where my house was invaded by playful and drunken teenagers. And my parents had come home! Both walked through the door way laughing and hugging onto each other with their coats disheveled from activities I didn't even want to consider.

"Eliza!" My mom called out to me cheerfully, "we're home!"

"You didn't throw any wild parties, did you?"my dad called after her jokingly. Ha. Parties.

I set the container of Chinese food I was currently devouring down on the coffee table and welcomed my parents home in a hug while hiding my smirk in their shoulders. "Of course not," I lied.

"Good," he said and made his way upstairs to their bedroom. My mom kissed me on the forehead and followed suit.

"No parties, that's a good one," Elliot laughed over speakerphone and I grinned even wider.

"I wouldn't call it a party, more of a friendly game of truth or dare with some friends," I said plopping back down on the couch.

"Some friends we may not be able to name, but whatever," Anne chimed.

"And some we may want to make out with," Hazel mumbled referring to a certain boy.

A certain boy who hasn't talked to me since the 'friendly game' and seemed to avoid me in the halls even more than usual. He was weird. Maybe beyond weird. And I was obsessed. Maybe beyond obsessed. Probably beyond.

"What's up with him anyway?" Elliot asked while chewing something crunchy into the mic.

I shrugged even though I knew they couldn't see me but Anne spoke for me anyway, you know, because of the whole telepathy thing. "We don't know, Xavier won't tell me anything. Charlie just kind of disappeared,"' she spoke nonchalantly.

"You should talk to him," Blaine piped in.

So on Monday, when I finally got annoyed and fed up with his whole avoiding routine, I called him out on it. I grabbed his jacket collar and dragged him over to the side of the hall demanding he explain himself after class.

Or at least that's what I wished I did.

In reality, I tapped his shoulder lightly feeling a blush creep up on my cheeks and an awkwardly nervous smile spread on my lips.

"Oh . . Hey, Eli," he said hesitantly looking around the halls obviously searching for an escape.

The tips of my ears burned and I prayed I could slap on an angry face as I spoke, "What did I do?" I stammered. God clearly thought it'd be funny to ignore my prayer I guess.

"What're you talking about?" He asked, his gorgeous brown eyes looking concerned.

"You keep avoiding me!"

His eyes grew wide and he ran his hand through his perfectly coifed brown hair and I almost wanted to swoon if it weren't for the anger that gradually began to build.

"Look, Eli, I can't really explain. I'm sorry."

And with that he patted me on the shoulder and hurried down the hall while people stared and murmured. I felt the blush in my cheeks fade and instead I turned a ghostly pale. This asshole.

-
At lunch I rushed over to the twins and explained what had happened. After getting Paisley to calm down after her rant mostly consisting of a large and colorful variety of curse words. Hazel proposed the most ingenious idea of the month. We decided to figure out ourselves what Charlie couldn't explain. Ok so maybe it wasn't so ingenious but to my angry and hormonal mind it sounded brilliant.

So that's how we found ourselves with the boys and Anne in the school library crowded around one small computer. Blaine of course took up the idea to snoop in Charlie's business in an instant not needing much convincing while the others trailed along just to see how badly this would turn out. They loved the sweet taste of humiliation.

Elliot quickly typed in the school website to see what we could learn from his student profile. "Charles Richards," Elliot mumbled as he clicked on his link. The anticipation buzzed through all of us.

"Aw, his student ID is adorable," Hazel gushed causing Blaine to scoff.

"Says here he's only been here for a year," Elliot mumbled, "but we already knew that," he said exasperated.

"Where was he the last 3 years?" Anne asked, her arm draped around my shoulder.

"Uh, I don't know, I guess I could google it-"

"Oh my god!" Paisley exclaimed making everyone jump a little, "Richards???"

"Paisley shush a little, you're gonna get us kicked out," Blaine said keeping her from jumping all around the place.

"He's Mr. Richards' son," she whisper shouted and everyone gasped in unison.

Mr. Richards was our extremely strict principal who was often adorned in Armani suits and rarely spoke to the student body. Rumor has it his son went to a boarding school somewhere far away to keep him out of his hair. But no one ever said anything about his son coming home. Or that his son looked like a teenaged Greek god.

"Oh my god," I whispered in realization.

"So you think it's the guy who went to boarding school?"

"I mean, probably," Elliot said visibly trying to process the whole thing, "so why do you think he left?"

"Maybe daddy's perfect little son started to feel home sick," Blaine said dismissively, I shoved him half playfully.

"Well guys, I think I have a plan to figure it out," Paisley said with a tinge of reluctance and we all listened intently.

--

A/N: Hey guys! It's literally been like a year and I'm so sorry. But I've been busy and have suffered from a severe case of writer's block. So this was a short chapter to get myself back in the zone, hope you liked it :)