Chapter 4

Breathe, breathe, breathe. I’m going to be fine; I’m going to be fine. Oh who am I kidding I’m going to die.

“Flight to St Lucia is now boarding”

Nonononono. This is not good. Maybe if I summon my inner spy I might be able to sneak out and go back home. Yeah that’s what I’ll-

“NESSIE! WE NEED TO GO!” I cringed at the sound of Eliza’s loud voice in my ear. I blinked, eyes focusing on my new friend. I sighed before standing up, grabbing my bags and headed towards the boarding tube. Once seated, I pulled out my IPod and shoved in my earphones.  Pressing play, Ed Sheerans beautiful voice filled my ears. If I ever meet this guy I’m going to fist bump him. Don’t ask why, because I have no idea. You’re all probably wondering how I ended up here, on a plane, to St Lucia. Well let me explain. I arrived at Boot camp all jolly and that because I’m awesome like that. We were put into small groups. In my group were Eliza, Zayn, Alice, Cody, Dan and Rosalie

 (Coincidence? I think not!) We went through some dance moves and our song.

*Flashback*

“…And that’s a wrap guys! Go take a break and come back in half an hour” Sighing, I take a swig of my water and fan my face. When I said I need to work out more often, I wasn’t joking. Someone shoved by me as I took another swig of my drink making me get water all over my face. What a buttface! Out of the corner of my eye I saw a quick flash of dark hair disappear round the corner. Right, after that peasant! Jogging round the corner I saw Zayn sitting there on his own, head in hands. Bless him, he’s been having trouble with the dance and it’s making him even more nervous than he already is. Sighing, I walk over and plonk myself down next to him.

“Zayn are you ok?” He lifted his head staring at me with his dark brown eyes. Furrowing his eyebrows he searches my face.

“Honestly? I feel horrible. If I don’t get this dance right they’re never going to want me in this competition! I don’t want to go home now; I’ll just be a disappointment.”

“Zayn, first off, X Factor is a singing show not a dancing show. Second, whether you’re good at dancing or not, they’ll want you in this show because you have an amaze balls voice! Third, if you go home now or later, don’t think for a second that you’ll be a disappointment! You’re family will and friends will always be proud of you no matter what. Fourth, I have a feeling you could do with a Nessie hug”

Finishing my little rant I give him an encouraging smile and stand up pulling him into a hug. I always give people hugs when they’re feeling down, some how it manages to cheer them up, even if it’s just for a little bit.

“So how about we go back out there and kick some butt?” Bursting into laughter Zayn shakes his head before giving me a piggy back and running back to everyone else.

Smiling at the thought I changed the song to a happier one: Animal by Neon Trees. I chuckle remembering when I found out I got through.

*Flashback*

 I stood there on the X for the second time in two days. All I could hear was my heart beating in my ears. Voices were distant and I could feel my head spinning with dread. Sweaty fingers crossed I stared directly at the judges. The judges stare back at us, faces showing no emotion. Eliza and Alice have been called in with me as well as Cody and a few other people. For the love of god I hope we all get through. I will hug every judge and run around naked if I do. Well, maybe not run around naked.

“Hi everyone” I swear my heart jumped to my throat as one of them finally spoke up. Gary. “As you all probably know there are some very talented people here and it’s been a very tough decision on who to send to the judges houses but we have finally made a decision” Come on just tell us already! “I’m sorry guys but you’re going to have to go through this feeling again at judges houses” Well that’s that then. It’s over. I’ll never be able to come back again. I really thought I had a chance- hang on. I’m sure he said we’ll have to go through this feeling again. Does that mean?