The Mirror

Disclaimer- all the characters (except Rosalin) and the ideas are James Dashners. :P

"Wakey wakey " a voice woke me from my deep sleep. "Time to get up Greenie, Alby is waiting" it was Thomas. I pushed my brown hair out of my eyes. I wonder what colour they are? "Thomas? What do I look like?" He smiled, not a smirk like the other boys but a genuine smile. "Get ready and I'll show you."

10 minutes later washed and ready I was out side my room and Thomas was waiting for me. "This way," he said and I followed him down a narrow hallway. The floorboards creaked and some were missing. I took time to look at Thomas. His hair was definitely grown out, but it suited him. His shoulders were broad, strong. His tight shirt clung to his back emphasising his muscles and.... What am I doing? Am I actually checking him out?

Without warning he stopped and I walked right into the back of him. Flustered and embarrassed I ran into the back of him. "Sorry" I mumbled. He laughed "there's a mirror in there" he said pointing to a door, "don't be too long." I walked inside thanking him as I went. I close the door behind me.

I looked around. There was one chair in the middle of the room and a table next to it had scissors and racers. This must be where they cut their hair. I walked over to the mirror, afraid of what I might see. The girl staring back at me shocked me.

My hair was curly but knotty. It was disheveled after the night and yesterday's events. My face was round and full of freckles. My skin was tanned, as if I spent a lot of time in the sun, but my eyes were the most prominent thing about me. They were piercing blue, like the sea. They were wild , full of fear but full of wonder. A sharp knock on the door brought me out of my trance. "Alby is waiting" Thomas' familiar voice floated in. "Just a sec!" I had to do something with my hair, I had to look someway presentable.

I braided my hair. It was strange how I remembered how to do that but not my age. I looked around for anything to tie it and I found a string. I knotted it at the bottom and it hung over my right shoulder as if that was completely natural.

I came out and Thomas smirked "Well?"

"Let's go find Alby" I said and walked off.