Dance tryouts

We finished taking our last classes and met with the guys.

"Hey guys," I said while Kenzie and Maria smiled and waved. "We are good. So, we should be headed to the field for the tryouts," Evan said tensing up a bit

My POV
Even though I just came to know Evan yesterday,  I've already known him to be a sweet, loving and considerate person. He has feelings too...

I gave him a side hug (something I never thought I would do) and gave him an encouraging smile. He breathed in and out and I could see he had calmed down a bit. He smiled then I let go of him. Suddenly

"Awww....." I heard the others said. OMG, I completely forgot they were there.

"Are you.....," Kenzie said when Evan cut her short. "Yes, yes we are. Just for my girl's safety," he said and kissed my cheek.

I knew for a fact that my cheeks were red. "OK, so we better get going," Hayden said out of the blue.

"Sure, " the girls and me said and waved the boys goodbye and run to the gym where the tryouts were held.

We had a quick change of clothes then did some warm ups before the Dancing leaders came into the room.

"Ok, we are gonna start with the song you are free with then a group dance with your friends. We will then pick the two teams with the best dances. OK, let's start with Claire, pick a song,"
said one of the dance leaders, who I think was Brianna.

They called out our names one by one. So, I wasn't frightened since this was not my first time to dance in front of people. I did it some time back.....Just with my dad around. 'He was the one who helped me so today, I would make him proud.' I said to myself.

I danced with the song, 'Call me maybe.' A dance I danced in my former school and was really good at.

They seemed pleased and also impressive of Kenzie and Maria and me. We came to the group dance and I, I mean, me, Kenzie and Maria had practised for the dance with a song we all loved.

'If you may know 'Birds of a feather' you are good.'

We had practised for the dance a bit earlier before the tryouts. We were swift and we enjoyed the dance and not only us, everyone in the gym class. "Think we may be joining the dance group," Maria said grinning. We group hugged and left for home so we would do our home works and do have our results tomorrow

To be sincere, I was a bit nervous about it.We met with the boys a few minutes later after the tryouts. They walked me home and hugged everyone. I was in a good mood when I got home.

I did my homework, had a warm shower and got into my night gown and slept having good hopes for the next day.