Best day of my life (Kinda)

Shanie's POV
I woke up very eager that usually.  Just couldn't stop thinking about the dance results.  I didn't need an alarm clock to wake me up today.  That is what always happens to me when I'm too excited for a day.  I went and picked up my pink crop top and black shorts.  'Of course I'll need flexible clothes for my victory dance'I said and giggled to myself.

I had a quick shower and change of clothes.  I let my hair be free and had a light shade of lip gloss. I wore my pink Vans and ran downstairs. 

*Reality*
"Good morning Shane. You are up early today, "she asked making me a little confused. "Mummy,  I had a dance tryouts yesterday and today they are giving us the results. Didn't I tell you? " I asked my eyes fixed on her. 

"Umm... Shane,  if you haven't noticed,  you went straight to your room when you got home yesterday.  But I'm happy all the same.  Good luck dear, "she said and gave me a smile. 

'Wow,  I've been so distant from my family.  Maybe one movie night will lighten the mood,'I said and smiled to myself.  I sat down and had breakfast.  Then Olivia came in a few minutes later.  She was quiet as usual because as she says, 'I can't waste my energy in the morning, ' . Well,  I guess I'm gonna have a drama queen for a little sister.  I can't stand her now,  what about when she grows up. When I was about to finish,  the door bell rang. 

"I'll get it," I said then ran to the door.  "Hey girly," Kenzie said followed by Maria and then hugged me.  I hugged them back then let go of them.  I gave Hayden a quick hug before jumping into Evan's hands and kissing his left cheek. 

"Who is at the door dear, "my mum said and I jumped out of Evan's hands.  "Umm,  these are my friends, "I blurred out as I closed the door behind them. "Give me a minute then I'll be done, "I said and cleared my plate and took my bag.

"OK mum,  we'll be going now, "I said and gave Olivia and my mum a hug.  I was about to close the door when I said, "Greet Aunt for me," before I ran out to catch up with my friends.  We talked all the way to school about the tryouts we all had the last day. 

We all separated to go to our classes. Actually,  half my concentration was working at that time.  The other half was day dreaming about how I would be part of the dance group with the girls and the football for the boys.

"Miss Summerall,  don't you think you are too old to day dream in class? "my history teacher said. I snapped out of my thoughts immediately I heard my name.  "Oh.... Um, it won't happen again, "I stammered before I turned my attention back to class, even though I didn't get anything the teacher said.

Time flew past faster than I expected and Lunch time came. I met up with Kenzie and Maria in the dinning hall.  We had a quick bite before me and my girls left for the gym while the boys headed out to the field. 

"You all know that I'll make the lead in this dance, " was what we welcomed with in the gym.  Apparently,  Stella was blubbering about her being first place in the dance.  Actually,  all the school has information about her..... Even if you are new. 

I just mentally rolled my eyes and went to sit with Kenzie and Maria.

We were all holding hands and saying our last quick prayers when the dance leaders came into the gym.  "OK guys, we've made a decision from what we saw yesterday, " Brianna said making us jump a bit. 

"OK,  make a straight line in front of us now... Be quick, "Brianna commanded with her voice booming out all around the gym.  We were all quick on our feet before making a line in front of them "OK,  we well call your name and move a step forward, " Madison,  Brianna's assistant spoke up. 

There was a short sentences of names, even Miss "I'm gonna make the lead" really made the lead. Just before Brianna finished,  she mentioned, "Shane,  Kenzie and... Maria." We all tried to hold our joy while Brianna dismissed the others.  "We will all start from tomorrow after classes, "Brianna said before leaving with Madison. 

"O... M..... G!!!! " Kenzie,  Maria and I all screamed when they finally left. I started to do my victory dance before I noticed all eyes on me. ' OMG,  everyone saw me' I said and hid behind Kenzie and Maria.  "Hope not everyone saw that, " I said while Kenzie and Maria giggled. "Oh they saw you, "Maria said and we all giggled. 

"I'm gonna call the boys. You coming?" Kenzie said. "I'll go, " Maria said before they left.  We would be meeting on my side of the locker. So,  I slowly made my way to my locker still with overwhelming joy. 

I was about to get to my locker when I was suddenly pushed to a locker.  The person pinned me down before I could have a glimpse of the person.  I slowly tilted my face to to see Brandon and his gang in front of me.

'What the heck! What did I do?? ' I asked myself before Brandon gave me a slight smirk.  "Thinking why you are in this situation? "he asked reading my mind.   

"OK,  so the girls want to beat you up...., " Brandon said before stopping.  " Oh wow.  Thanks for the info, 'I said to myself and mentally rolled my eyes.  "So, I gave them the chance, "he said and shoved me to the girls.  Ruby held on to my hair and pulled it while Rosie hit me from my back.

This went in for some time while Brandon and Brian were laughing behind me.  "Good hit Rosie, "Brian commented before chuckling.  "Pull that hair like you mean it, "Brandon said and laughed even harder. 

"JOKING WITH MY GIRL AGAIN BRANDON!! "someone boomed out. 'Thank God's I said when I pulled away from Ruby's and Rosie's grip and dropped down on the floor.  My head was spinning like crazy and my back felt numb. But this was not as bad as the first time. 

Brandon and his gang ran away then Evan rushed to me.  "Shane, you good?? " he asked with concern.  "I'm good Evan,  just a bit drowsy, "I said before hugging him not letting go of him.  'Once again,  my prince in shining armor has come to my rescue 'I said and smiled to myself.

*M/N*
Sorry for the delay. 💖💗