earring

"You're finally going to Japan, huh?"

The thick awkward atmosphere broke, it's been quiet for almost an hour inside the car and this was the first thing that (y/n) said to him.

The couple had a fight last night and it didn't end well for the both of them. It was about Daisuke and his ridiculous adventure to Japan about getting a job, like, he's rich? Why does he need a job? It doesn't made sense to the (h/c) woman who's sitting right next to him.

"Yes." He said, his eyes averting outside his windows and watch the passing buildings, she made a low hum of acknowledgment before it went back again in thick silence that even the driver was feeling awkward for the both of them.

•••••

The private jetplane was getting ready and the couple stood outside the car, watching the people getting ready for their boss' departure. (Y/n) looked at Daisuke who was glaring at the people who made his flight late, she knows that look so well that she need to speak up before it all goes to hell.

Inhaling, she grabbed the small box on her beige coat, finally having the perfect chance to confess to him. (also she has to make sure that he doesn't fire them because of their incompetent actions)

"Daisuke." Her soft voice reached his ears, he turned his head and looked down at the woman beside him, who was fiddling a small box in her hands, she was looking at the small box before exhaling loudly. "Here." She held out the small item to him, the glinting of her ring on her slender finger captured his eyes before he looked what she was giving to him.

He rose an eyebrow at this gesture that she has to imagine to roll her eyes. "It's a parting gift."

Shifting, he made a bored expression, obviously tired that he's gonna face this conversation happened billion of times. "You know, you cannot 'break up' with me since we're on a arranged marriage."

"Shut up, i'm not breaking up with you even if I wanted to, it's a small gift that reminds me of you, so take it." His sharp eyes looked at her (e/c) ones and "were they always that bright?" He asked to himself. Swallowing his pride, he held out his hand and she dropped it in his large palm.

It's a small velvet box but the brand looks expensive, so he opened it and a black earring was resting on top of the small cushion. "An... earring?"

"Yeah, well, um..." she coughed and looked away, her cheeks dusting with pink tints as she composed herself. "It's a great start for a blossoming relationship, don't you think?"

His eyes didn't leave her figure but he was surprised when she said that. They didn't have the perfect relationship, they were forced to marry eachother against their own will, an everyday non-stop banter back and forth and sometimes an argument that will never be fixed in the morning after.

And yet here she is, giving a small but thoughtful gift for his fiancée. Something he couldn't do ever since they were introduced to each other.

Daisuke closed the box and put it in his pocket, mentally reminding himself that he would wear it later. "Thank you..."

"And i'm sorry." She said, turning her head to look at him. "That it went out of hand yesterday, I know it is still not my place to argue about where you go or what you're doing, even though i'm not the best future wife... i'm still going to be your wife and I care for you." She lets out a soft smile that he looks at them and asked himself. "Have they always looked so soft and luscious...?"

Noticing his stare, her face heated up and looked back at the airfield. "Your plane is ready."

Inhaling, he leaned in and slinking his arm around her waist before leaning in, placing a soft kiss on her temple, she stiffened at this action, but feeling that his actions were sincere, she relaxed and sighed heavenly, obviously at peace.

"Thank you... and i'm sorry." He lets go of her small figure and let out a smile as she looks up to him with a surprised expression. Daisuke Kambe doesn't say sorry.

"I know i'm not the future husband you seek for," he admits, a blush heating up on his face but he wasn't shy about it.

"But, I promise after I do my job in Japan, I will make sure you are appreciated and love everyday, future mrs. (Y/n) Kambe, just the way you deserve."

••••••

Hey i'm alive and back! A short chapter before I move in to the lemon! Next one is lemon! Yay! Because I can't think of a scenario in my last one-shot 😬 but this time I have a scenario prepared and i'm keeping my promise! Anyways, reply if you guys are still reading this 🥺

Also! Gifting an earring to someone means love and loyalty without the commitment of an engagement ring so there!