19

They have a free day in Econ the next day. Mrs. Kalin said it was so she could grade some work but she just scrolls through her phone.

The desks are back to normal so Jimin went back to sitting with the theater kids and Jungkook is in the back of the class. He watches Jimin read through his script for half of the period.

Jimin sighs and stands up, walking to the back and sitting on the empty desk next to him. "This is so confusing... I don't want to copy the actor from the movie but I don't know how to make my manuerisms original..."

Jungkook thinks for a second. "Try to be like a mix of Washington and Madison from Hamilton... Assertive, but quiet and analytical... Or something like that..."

Jimin nods and then gasps, looking up. "How do you know what their characters are like?"

Jungkook curses inwardly. "I listened to, like, 4 Hamilton songs." Lie. He listened to all 46.

Jimin beams. "Did you like them?"

Jungkook shrugs. "They were okay, I guess." Another lie. He liked all of them, even Helpless and Burn.

Jimin giggles. "I can't believe you listened to Hamilton... Which songs did you listen to?"

Jungkook says the first ones he can think of. "My Shot, Yorktown, Guns and Ships, and You'll be Back."

Jimin narrows his eyes and chews on his bottom lip. "Hmm... Are you sure those are the only ones you listened to?"

"Yeah."

Jimin smirks and crosses his arms. "How do you know what Madison is like if you didn't listen to a song that he's in?"

Jungkook freezes and starts sweating slightly.

Jimin leans down and giggles again. "You listened to all of it, didn't you?"

Jungkook blushes. "No..."

Jimin squeals quietly. "Did you like it? Which song was your favorite? I can send you a pirated recording of the original cast if you want it."

Jungkook mumbles quietly and Jimin tilts his head. "I couldn't hear you."

"... Satisfied was my favorite song..."

"That's one of my favorites. I like Helpless. Eliza was my favorite character. Have you secretly listened to any other musicals?"

"Maybe a few..."

Jimin shimmies his shoulders in excitement. "Tell me which ones."

"Um... Wicked, Heathers, and Waitress..."

"Those are really good."

"Yeah... Heathers should've been on Broadway..."

Jimin rolls his eyes and nods. "Don't even get me started on that. Heathers deserved so much better."

"I'll go to drama practice again today if you want to practice your character or whatever..." He picks at his nails to appear nonchalant, but his heart is beating out of his chest.

"We don't have practice today, but we can still hang out. You can come to my house again."

Jungkook nods. "Okay."

-

Jungkook... Could you be any more obvious? Sweet child...

 Could you be any more obvious? Sweet child