Saturday - February 1

The girls woke up later in the day, groaning at the construction noises and bright sunshine. Neither of them felt like cooking, so they decided to get ready and head over to Annex for breakfast. Devon's phone buzzed against her mattress. She flipped it over, Dominic had added her on Snapchat. How did he find me? She added him back, deciding to post a picture of her and the girls on her story.

Walking along College Street, Devon's phone buzzed again. She pulled it out of her pocket, Dominic's name coming up again.

[Dominic😈🇯🇲]

I didn't even know that was you last night

[Devon]

I figured lol

[Dominic😈🇯🇲]

You coulda say hi!!

[Devon]

You seemed out of it lol

I know now for next time

[Dominic😈🇯🇲]

Did have too much rum

Wah yuh friend dem ig

[Devon]

_shayyyy, dana.babyyy_, itsjaydub

[Dominic😈🇯🇲]

Yuh friend can whinee

[Devon]

Oh yeah, she took your friend to the ground

[Dominic😈🇯🇲]

We love to see it

Devon and Jaylen gushed over the conversation, Jaylen's jaw dropped as Dominic's name came up on her phone screen as well. He had requested to follow her on Instagram almost immediately. She accepted, following him back.

"Hey guys whats up?" a familiar voice greeted.

Jaylen looked up, smiling.

"Hi Trey!" Devon said. Trey's eyes darted from Jaylen's to Devon's for a second before returning.

"So what are y'alls plans for tonight?" he asked.

"Alpha house party."

"Oh yeah? I might have to pull up." Trey said, turning to head out of Annex.

****

Hours later, the girls waited outside of East for their Uber. They climbed in, chattering noisily.

"Oh yeah. Jaylen finna get herself that Alpha that look like Julius." Dana said from the front seat.

"What?!" Jaylen asked in protest.

"Did the Alphas move or something?" Devon asked, changing the subject.

"What you mean?"

"We been to the Alpha house so many times I remember the way. We're headed somewhere else."

"Maybe the map taking us a different way."

But Devon was right. As the girls got out, they realized the house wasn't the same.

"Maybe they were tired of us fucking shit up and rented a house for the night." They walked up the steps, the door swinging open. The house was moderately full, but Kashrag was spinning at a table. The girls turned and looked at each other in realization. This was an Alpha Rho Kappa party, not an Alpha Phi Alpha party.