17 - I go dancing

7 and 1/2 months later

I spent months learning how to control my powers better. It turns out that elemental abilities are awesome. Now, I can do a lot. My favourite element is water and it is definitely my most powerful. I can use the air to let me fly a little and help others fly. The earth listens to me which helps with gardening of all things. I can cause earthquakes but currently they're only on a small scale as they tire me out. Fire is pretty cool, but I haven't found much use for it at the moment besides playing with flames.

Like I said, elemental abilities are awesome. Tony is slightly jealous but we only had enough materials to make one batch and he realises that he doesn't need any more power than he already has. Bruce is constantly taking measurements of my heart and vitals in case more side effects come.

My vision never recovered so I have to keep in the contacts at all times which sucks but it's better than not really seeing anything. It also means that I keep accidentally activating Thursday every now and then.

Thor finds it delightful to have someone who he can challenge with abilities, but he's not figured out how to beat me yet. I've quickly become powerful, but I make sure to not act cocky as that'll get me killed (probably by Tony). Thor and I also use our abilities to prank everyone, teaming up and deepening our friendship.

Tasha, Clint and I spend 2 hours every day from 4-6 in the morning, training in hand-to-hand combat, knowing that I can't just rely on my abilities if something was to happen. For someone with PoTS, 2 hours is a lot of exercise and I tend to faint a lot during the sessions. Tasha is always on hand to catch me with plenty of sugar at bay to give a sugar rush which helps me stay standing. Clint normally runs to get me some water, forgetting that I can grab water from the air, but I let him do it anyway as it makes him feel more useful.

I spend another 3 hours with Tony and Bruce every day working on the way for them to get home. We're starting to get close and have even built a prototype machine. It stands at 6 metres wide and 4 metres tall. Apparently, I'm really good at quantum physics and aeronautical engineering as I've managed to solve problems that even Tony couldn't solve. Each time, it earns me a clap on the back from him and a smile/nod from Bruce.

I also started university last September so I have to spend 9 hours every weekday at the local university since the pandemic finally ended in October. I miss being able to spend all day at home with the team, but when they go, I'll need to pick my life back up so going to uni is a good idea for me. I'm studying aeronautical engineering with a minor degree in French since I'm fluent in it anyway, so it's not too much work.

After training with Tasha and Clint, I leave for uni at 7:30 once I've had a shower and gotten ready. I normally get most of my work done there to avoid me having to do it when I get home. I also spend time in the common room there, getting to know my classmates to help me build new relationships. For about 4 months, I dated a guy called John which really pissed off Rogers, but I didn't care. John was a nice guy and all, but there wasn't any excitement in the relationship. I also dated a girl called Jessica for a bit but it wasn't anything serious. As far as anyone at uni is concerned, only me, my dad and Reagan live at my house. No one knows about the 6 heroes which is the way I like it. If people knew then they wouldn't leave me alone because the Avengers are famous. Who wouldn't want to meet them?

When I get back from uni at 17:00, I then have my 3 hours with Tony and Bruce before I finally get to chill out. Normally, I'd spend the time messing about with the Avengers. Often, it would end up being just me and Rogers which I didn't mind. He's my best friend so I'm really comfortable around him. Tasha and I love to gossip about stuff on the local news or about things at uni. Occasionally, she'd tell me stories from her universe of things that happened outside of the movies. My favourite stories are about what happened in Budapest, Rogers being an old man with new technology and her and Clint messing up on missions (those were some funny stories).