20 - They're both blind as bats

What happens to us when we're thrown into a new environment? We adjust, we adapt and we overcome. But when it's an environment that no one has heard of? Everything goes wrong to say the least.

We exit the machine into a black room, nothing in sight. There's no light entering the room so I light a flame in my hand. I throw it up into the, spreading it so that we can all see properly.

"Thanks Arty." Rogers says. I smile at him softly, nodding me head.

"So what now Tony?" Tasha says through gritted teeth. She's trying hard to ignore the pain in her shoulder.

"Don't look at me. Ask Bruce! This is his area of expertise." Tony throws his hands up as if to surrender.

"Tony, don't drag me into this." Bruce mutters.

"Why are we already arguing? What the hell has gotten into you guys? Everyone was perfectly happy with each other only a few days ago. What changed?" I say.

"Feisty, just don't get involved." Tony sighs.

"Oh, for fuck's sake Tony!" I retort. "I have the right to get involved. You've all been arguing like 3 year olds for the last couple of days and it's stupid. You're supposed to be the Earth's mightiest heroes. Look at you. Get your act together guys." My anger sets my arms on fire and the room starts to shake.

Everyone backs away from me out of fear. As much as I normally have control over my powers, my emotions still have the upper hand on them. As I start to calm down, the room stops shaking. Rogers immediately runs over to me, hesitating as he sees that my arms are still on fire. When I see him in front of me, I calm down completely and fall into Rogers' arms.

"I think that everyone should take a breath before Arty kills us. Literally and metaphorically." Rogers says as he embraces me.

"Tony, how do we get out of here?" Clint asks.

"I'm not sure." Tony replies.

"You just think of where you want to go." Bruce interjects.

"It's that simple?" Thor says.

"I believe so."

"You need to think of the specific moment that you left. Luckily, it's the same day today as it was when you left so it should be easier." I tell them.

"And we'll be back?" Tasha asks.

"Yes."

"Where will you go Arty?" Rogers asks me. "You didn't come from our world with us so it'll look suspicious if you just suddenly appear."

He raises a good point. I take a few seconds to think about it and I remember how Maria Hill brings Rogers, Tasha and Sam Wilson to a dam where Fury is hiding. I think of how Rogers comes up to the top of the dam to think and realise that I should probably wait for him there. He'll find me by himself and could probably come up with an excuse of how he found me. Something along the lines of how he found me when taking a break after New York, but didn't think that Fury should know about me. That would be a logical explanation, but we're talking about Rogers - he doesn't always think his actions through.

"I have a plan don't worry. There's a nice view at the top of the dam." I smirk, giving him a clue on how to find me that he won't understand until he's there. I receive a perplexed look from the Avengers as they try to figure out what I could possibly mean and I leave them in the black room.

Rogers' POV

Arty disappears from the room after she finishes her sentence, leaving the rest of us confused. What does she mean by 'there's a nice view at the top of the dam'. I'm really puzzled by it. Sure she's a secretive person, but she normally explains things enough for us to figure it out. Tony mumbles something about girls being more trouble than they're worth, earning a death stare from me. The man knows no limits.