•1•

⚠️warning: this story is going to be very touchy with sexual abuse and suicide. if this type of thing is touchy to you, please don't read it. also if anyone ever needs anything i'm always here. my dms are ALWAYS open. i also mean no harm in this. i know people have gone through this and i don't mean to judge or anything. i love you all⚠️

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Alise's pov)

"What is this?" My sister, Kate, asks me.

I snatch my notebook out of her hands and I roll my eyes, "Did you look through this?"

"Maybe," she says laughing.

"I'm going to kill you!" I yell. "This is personal information. You can't just read it all."

"I don't even understand what it is," she says. "Why don't you tell me what it is?"

"They are letters to my future husband," I say.

"Oh," she says. "Does he get to read them?"

"One day," I say as I shove the notebook in my bag. "I always wonder what he is actually doing, so I wanted to write to him."

"Well I already met my husband."

I roll my eyes and I put my bag on my back, "Jayden is literally like four years older than you."

"He still loves me, Alise. I don't understand why you can't just be happy for me."

"I am happy for you," I put my shoes on, "But you dating older men worries me. I'm just trying to protect you."

"Well you won't be able to do that once you are gone," she says. Kate and I have been very close. Ever since we were born. We are like literal best friends, but she is mad at me because I'm moving. I'm actually leaving today.

"I'm sorry that I want to move out of this stupid town," I say. "There isn't anything here for me."

"What about me?"

I smile, "You know that I'll always love you and you always have me, but going to California has always been my dream. It's where I want to go and you know that."

"I know," she says. "I just don't want to live with dad. I wish mom were still around."

"Me too," I say. "But you will be graduating in two years. Then you can go anywhere you want to."

She smiles, "I'll follow you."

"And I'm okay with that," I say. I walk over to her and I wrap her in a tight hug. "I'm going to miss you."

She sighs, "Me too." She pulls away from me and smiles, "Remember, if you find a cute boy make sure to text me."

I start laughing, "Yes, ma'am."

"Who knows," she says. "'Maybe he will be your future husband. And he will get to see those letters."

I sigh, "Hopefully."

Ever since I was ten I wondered where and what my husband was doing. It's something I think about quite often.

Ten years later and I still haven't found him, but I know he is out there.

Somewhere.

(Nick's pov)

"Are you ready to go?" I ask my little sister, Callie, who looks so confused. She is only three years old and has no clue what it happening.

"Can we gwet ice cweam?" She yells.

"Shh," I say putting my finger to her lips. "You have to be quiet, but we can get ice cream once we are gone."