•7•

I pick Alise up and I carry her to my bedroom. I lay her down on the bed and I put the blankets over her.

At this point I really wish the boys were here. They all went to Neviah's, he is a friend of ours. None of us have seen him in awhile, so they went to hang for a bit. Of course they go on the night I need them the most.

I don't even know what to do. How am I supposed to get her back? He's not going to give me her. It's his daughter and she legally is supposed to stay with him.

Maybe I should just call the police, but every time I think about calling them I think about my mom. That day she disobeyed my dad she got raped and murdered by him.

If I disobey him then he will either take it out on my grandma or on Callie. I can't have him lash out and kill Callie. That would be the worst thing I let happen.

I lay down in bed with Alise and I wrap my arms around her as she continues to cry. She's never been in a situation like the one she was just in, so I know this isn't easy for her. She is scarred now and will most likely always be afraid of older men now. That's just how your mind works. After one thing traumatizes you then the same thing will traumatize you again.

"It's okay, ma," I whisper. "I got you now. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry he came back."

"W-we have t-to get C-Callie b-back," she cries.

"I know and we will," I say. "I just need the boys help first."

"You n-need to c-call the p-police."

"I will, ma." I don't know if I'm actually going to call them yet, but I have to tell her I will to reassure her that we will get Callie back. "Get some rest. I know you are tired."

She closes her eyes and I kiss the top of her head multiple times. I tighten my grip on her because I don't ever want to let go of her.

Alise could have easily gotten taken by my father. I know he would do way worse to her than he would to Callie because she's a grown women and a lot older. I don't even want to think about him touching her. It makes me sick to my stomach.

This whole thing makes me sick. I feel like I have failed again. I let him take her. Callie is once again with the man that has ruined our lives.

I'm the worst big brother ever.

[The next morning]

"We have to go," I say after explaining everything to the boys. "I don't want to wait any longer."

"Do we have protection? Are we bringing the cops?" Zion asks.

"We can bring knives and I know all five of us can take him too," I say. "But no cops. I can't risk him finding out about the cops and him killing Callie on the spot. He would do it too."

"Okay, and what do we do when we get there?" Brandon asks. "He can easily just come back."

"Once we get Callie and we know that she is safe we will knock my dad out or tie him up. I don't know, just something so he can't move. We can then call the police because he won't have Callie."

"When do you want to leave?" Edwin asks.

"I think we should leave soon," I say. "The faster we get there, the better."

"I agree," Austin says.

"Where are we going?" I turn around to see Alise standing there, rubbing her eyes. She just woke up.

"Uh, nowhere," I say. "You are staying here."

"Well where are you guys going?"

The boys all walk away to their rooms. Most likely for two reasons. One, to get ready. And two, because I'm going to tell Alise where we are going and I know that she is going to freak out on me.