Chapter- 27

Blake's POV

Ugly looks back at me. Again. For like - the hundredth time.

The detentions almost about to end and I bet ugly just can't wait to get home and away from me.

Only if she knew what I had in store for her.

Ms. Emily gathers all her stuff and checks the time on her watch.

"Okay,kids. I think we are done for today. I hope you've learned your lesson and would not repeat what you did today, again."

Learned my lesson? Would not repeat? Does she even know teenagers?

"You guys can go home now."

No sooner had the words left her mouth than ugly was out the door. I've been watching her fidgeting in her seat for the last two hours, being anxious as hell and glancing back every two seconds trying to comprehend what's going on my head.

Well,its time I let her know.

I gather my things and head outside.

I see her walking really fast down the road, probably headed home. I run to catch up with her.

"Hey," I say.

She glances at me and then completely ignores me, probably thinking that would discourage me.

I tap her on her shoulders.

She turns to me really quick and says, "What?!"

I laugh. "Jeez, calm down,ugly. Do you always have to be so aggressive?"

She rolls her eyes and starts walking.

I walk beside her.

"Headed home?" I ask.

She doesn't reply.

"Great! I'll accompany you."

"You'll what?" She stops again and looks at me, confused.

"Nothing, I was just thinking its been a while since I've been at your place, so I thought maybe have dinner at your place tonight." I smirk.

"No, you will not." She says.

"Oh I'm sorry. Didn't think you have a say in it. Besides, its just dinner.I'll leave after that. IF you want" I say with fake scepticism.

She crosses her arms. "Well you are not entering my home in the first place. Look, this is--"

I stop her raising my forefinger and get my phone out the pocket. Then I find the recording and hit play before her dumbstruck face.

"I,Lauren Woods,---"

She clenches her teeth as realization slowly hits her.

"Fuck you," she says.

I put my phone back in my pocket.

"You wish."

She starts walking. Again.

"Why are you walking home?" I ask.

"Because not everyone in this planet is raised as privileged as you." She says.

"Well, in that case, let me be generous and offer you a lift. I mean we both have the same destination anyway."

"No thank you. I like my poor peasant way," she replies grumpily.

I laugh.

"Suit yourself. Guess someone's gonna be early. Do you want me to leave the door open?"