Chapter Twelve

Disclaimer: Percy Jackson and the Olympians along with Heroes of Olympus do not belong to me.

The Destroyer of Olympus

Chapter Twelve

Previously

"Hm, maybe I shouldn't have made that sword. Maybe I should at least take it back," Chaos mused. After a few seconds, he shook his head, "Nah, this is too entertaining to watch." He grabbed a bucket full of popcorn and continued to watch what he predicted would be a great show.

Now

Olympus

Zeus was sitting on his throne during an Olympian Council meeting, contemplating the events of the past twenty years. It all started when Annabeth Chase came to Olympus with Poseidon's son, Joseph, claiming that Perseus Jackson had cheated on her and had been allied with Gaia during the Second Giant War. All the other Olympians believed her instantly, but Zeus, Hades, and Hestia hadn't. They all remembered that Percy's fatal flaw was loyalty. So Zeus took a look into Annabeth's mind. Upon entering her mind, he'd discovered that her and Joseph were dating and decided to come up with a plan to get rid of Percy so they could be together. They fabricated a story about Percy cheating on Annabeth and him aiding Gaia during the entirety of the war. They knew it wouldn't be difficult to convince the majority of the Olympians due to the fact that Percy was hated by many of them. And they knew that they would have Poseidon on their side because he cared more about Joseph than he had ever cared for Percy.

Zeus had spent the rest of the day wondering what to do, when he came up with the brilliant idea of just going with the flow because it would rid him of his least favorite demigod in the world. The next day, he and the rest of the Olympian Council would go to Camp Half-Blood to banish Perseus to Tartarus.

That idea all turned south, however, when they confronted Perseus at Camp Half-Blood. Not only had Perseus sworn revenge on Olympus, but Hades actually believed the boy innocent! Hades had hated Perseus throughout the entirety of both wars, despite him earning the God of the Dead respect on Olympus. Now that Zeus thought about it, though, it wasn't too surprising that Hades had come to like Percy. Not only had Percy saved Nico in Rome, but he had also requested the God of the Dead and the Goddess of the Hearth receive seats on the Olympian Council as his reward for his efforts during the war.

The next few years were tough on the Olympians, despite there being no wars or monster attacks. Not only had Hades left the Olympian Council, but Hestia had as well. The fact that the Goddess of the Hearth had left them all in favor of Percy and Hades had hit the Olympians hard. It was only after Hestia left did they realize that Hestia was the one who always kept the peace during the Council meetings. During the first meeting, multiple fights broke out between the immortals. Zeus and Hera had been arguing over Zeus cheating. Hephaestus and Ares were fighting over Ares sleeping with Aphrodite, who was arguing with Artemis about the virgin goddess needing to have sex. Meanwhile, Demeter was yelling at Apollo to eat more cereal and Hermes was being yelled at by Dionysus for pranking him while he was taking his daily nap. At the same time, Athena and Poseidon were arguing over Athens. The fight continued for hours, until finally the Minor Gods got fed up and shouted, "SHUT UP!" in unison, stopping the bickering Olympian Council.

At first, all of the Olympians were pissed that the Minor Gods had the gall to interrupt them, but they stopped dead in their tracks when they realized that they had been arguing for three hours.

From then on, each meeting started the same way with the same arguments. The Minor Gods eventually got so irritated that they stopped attending the meetings completely, which resulted in the Olympians bickering even more than before.