four.

evelyn's pov.

my eyes shot open as i heard a loud knock on my white wooden door, guessing it was mi papa waking me up for work. "wake up evelyn, no quieres llegar tarde." he chanted loudly, making sure i heard.

"ya se, papa." i answered, adding a groan at the end of what i said since i was extremely tired. i swung my legs to the right forcing myself to sit up and strech the parts of my body that were desperately waiting to be cracked. my feet touched the cold surface of the brown wood that layed beneath me, making them feel numb.

my finger tips brushed through the black roots of my hair, trying to calm down the frizz i had, which surprisingly wasn't too bad, even though i have pretty thick hair. i laid my palms face down on my bed and pushed myself up, taking steps to the bathroom to clean myself up a bit, considering i was outside most of the day yesterday and probably smell like downtown.

after showering and doing what i needed to do, i twisted my door handle and opened it to the fresh smell of nothingness. i looked around and saw no figure of my papa, except a note that laid on the counter next to a plate of a half eaten burrito. the note quoted "ciao ev, i left for work since you took too long, like always. i'll let you eat what i had left on my plate. -stefano." i rolled my eyes and quickly glanced at the half eaten burrtio, laying there, waiting to be consumed

"2 can play at that game." i thought. my hand then slammed the sticky note on the counter, and grabbed the plate that held the burrito, and swiftly pushing the plate forward so the burrito can be tossed in the trash. i wasn't very hungry anyways, a banana will hopefully fufill the small appetite i had.

i peeled the banana and quickly ate it, trying not to choke on the mouth full i was swallowing at once. my throat then began let out coughs, warning me to eat slower, although i wasn't very good at that. the reasong being is when eating, i have a high tolerance of experiencing anxiety due to my past trauma, and my therapist doesn't exactly know why.

she did a few tests to try to find the purpose of me not eating calmly, however, none of them concluded the emphasis of the diagnostic. eventually, she just blamed it on my traumas and moved on from it. pretty weird but at least she cares, right? i swallowed the last bit of banana i had left in my mouth and threw the yellow peel with tints of brown on it away.

i wiped my bottom lip with my thumb, making sure i wasn't covered in banana residue. my thumb was then pressed against my thigh and rubbed all of the bananna on it, swiping it with my fingers to get rid of the non-visible stain. i walked to my room and slipped on some white socks, putting on my black high-top converse right after that.

i took a quick look at my vanity and put on the jewlery that was originally worn by my mother. the only thing i wore was a ring that was shaped in a heart with a small angel in the middle of it. there was a necklace in the box as well but didn't wear it often because mi mama once stated "it would always wish a person bad luck if worn." i obviously still kept it because she was my bestest friend, and it wouldn't feel right not keeping her most valued items.

i centered my attention to the semi-damp hair on my head and tried to think of how to style it. i grasped 1/2 of my hair and tied it into a low half up half down ponytail, pulling two strands from the front to finish off the hairstyle. a forced smile trailed on my lips, making my turquoise blue braces appear. "yuck." i added.

my eyes switched over to the clock and read 10:04. "ya me boy, mama. te amo." i whispered to the portrait of my mama on the top right corner of my mirror. i leaned in and kissed the photo, grabbing my book bag and left the small apartment, heading to the job i loved.

I HOPE U LIKED THIS UGH :( ik this is just a filler but there will be more action with mattia and evelyn in the next chapeter or so, trust the process 😁
-lucia👩🏽‍🎤