Camp

"Here. This place looks nice," Michael says queitly. I watch his head stare towards a dirt road.

I couldn't see out the back windows since they were blocked off. I didn't need my mask on, so I took it off as soon as he shoved me in the back.

I look out the front, quietly listening to the song on the radio. Michael drove us to the middle of nowhere, somewhere on a dirt road. We haven't been in the car for long.

As he turns up a hill, the car bumps around. I slightly jump from the bumps.

The tires scrape against the little pebbles in the loose dirt, dust flying past as the car goes higher.

Eventually, he stops it in a flat area, far from anything. Trees surrounded the small area. I was assuming people came up here to party, but I don't think that's his plan.

"Ok. This looks fine," he says, barely loud enough for me to hear.

The first thing that caught my eye was the scenery. It looked like something out of a movie. Tall pines surrounded the tall hill we were on, the trees looking to have been going on for miles. It really was in the middle of nowhere.

He turns to face me, a small smile on his face. I look awkwardly at him. The silence was peaceful, until he spoke.

"Stay here. I'll tell you when you can come out," he says, his hand holding the door handle before pushing it open. He slams the car door and walks to the back.

I hear his footsteps trail behind me. No other sounds were heard, just him. I sigh, becoming suddenly tired from the peaceful moment.

I look outside, my eyes drifting. It was getting dark, and it was a bit frightening to be in such a deserted area. Where would we sleep?

Just as my head tilts forward from the tiredness, the trunk slams shut. I jolt awake with a flutter to my heart. I look out the window once again, just to see that Michael was carrying a green tent in a bag on his shoulder. He slams it down and starts treading towards the car.

I breathe heavily as he approaches my side, opening the door. I look down.

"Come on," he says, holding the door open. The cold nighttime air was hitting my slim arms. I shiver. I knew this would be miserable. I had no jacket.

I slowly get up, his arm still holding the car door. "Hurry the fuck up," he growls. I walk a little ways away from him, hearing the door shut behind me.

I hug myself, my teeth chattering. I look behind me, just to catch a stare with Michael. I look away almost immediately.

I stand in front of the undone tent. Crickets chirped in the distance and a slight breeze blew through the bristles of the trees. I close my eyes, pretending for a slight minute that Michael wasn't here. But im interrupted.

"Why are you just standing there? Make my tent," he stands, pointing at the bag. I glance at him, shaking.  I look down worriedly. How would I know how to do this?

I bend down, letting my arms free from the warmth of each other. A breeze blows though again. I shiver, chills running all over my body. The wound hurt so bad after that man had pulled the fishing line out. It was so hard and painful to do anything.

I unzip the bag, barely able to see a thing through the darkness of the night. His voice erupts the silence.

"For a woman, you really are so fucking useless," he snickers. I hear his footsteps come close. I flinch from nature. He could do anything to me right now.

He bends down. I gulp, continuing to unzip the bag. I pull the tent out, still unable to see very well. I pretend he's not there. I could feel Michael's breath hit my cheek.