O N E

"THE THINGS THAT I LOST HERE AND THE PEOPLE I KNEW

"THE THINGS THAT I LOST HERE AND THE PEOPLE I KNEW." - Noah Kahan, The View Between Villages.

NAIDA GRIMLANE IS AVERAGE. 

At the very least, that's what she considers herself to be. She had average grades, had an average personality (whatever that meant). She wasn't a people person and in favor of people, she would rather curl up with a good book. She didn't consider herself someone who was beautiful; she had brown hair, brown eyes, fair skin. She didn't see herself in league with the beauties in her life like Elena, Bonnie or Caroline; she considered them beautiful. She was the "therapist friend"; always helping others but never herself. So, when Elena and the gang barged into her home, Naida wasn't surprised.

"What's happening now?" Naida shouldn't be surprised at this point because she knew she was always going to help out the gang, regardless of how she felt about things. She was barely done with her sentence before Elena just exploded on her.

"I have a thousand-year-old vampire on his way here to kill me," Elena was scared to death of this impending doom and rightfully so; she had gotten so used to the vampires in her life being her big and bad protectors that she had never thought about someone so much stronger than them getting to her

Naida merely nodded; with this group, it appeared that Elena was a hot comidity.

"So, what are you going to do about it?" Naida honestly wondered; while she knew the Salvatores were ready to be mere tools in Elena's arsenal, she wasn't as keen and hoped they had a plan to get everyone out of this alive. She was going to continue before she was cut off by Damon Salvatore and she wasn't surprised; when it came to Elena, he seemed to be first in line to sacrifice everything for her. She admired it and yet criticized him for it.

"We're going to fight. I will not let him get you," Damon had always been 'shoot first, ask questions later' type of guy, but Naida knew that kind of mentality wouldn't work in this case; if what Elena was saying was true, then they were going to need the absolutely perfect plan to take down the much older vampire.

"It doesn't matter; When Klaus wants something, he always gets it," A new voice boomed from the back of the room. A tall woman with a nice English accent stepped out from behind the group. This must be one of Damon's friends.

"Rose, Naida. Naida, Rose," The woman, Rose, looked at Naida with familiar eyes. Naida knew the eyes, but had no idea from where. One of life's mysteries.

"I have been alive for over 500 years and with age comes information. Over the years I've gathered enough information to sufficely say that Klaus is real. And Elijah? He is the Easter Bunny compared to him; a foot soldier at best," If there was one thing Rose would call herself, it would be collector. After being on the run for the last 500 years, you'd best believe she collected all sorts of information about Elijah and Klaus and despite everything that happened, she was going to try and help Elena.