Chapter 3: Becky

This is it! This is finally my shot to get an article in the newspaper! If I get this HUGE story maybe I won't have to sort mail or maybe John, the head of the newspaper will know my name! Rebecka Samantha Rogers this could open a lot more doors, just don't screw it up!

In this part of Maine not much happens and there has been a murder! This is a once in a life time opportunity, think of all the possibilities! It just so happens that all the 'real' reports are on another story so it's my turn to shine! I can't wait! Wait! That sounds bad, it's bad for the person who died but it will make a great story.

I'll finally be the one to talk with the cops and stand beside them while they investigate. See mama I'm not a failure! If only she could have seen what a success I could be some day, and believed in me for just once. I start to drive in my car

"Enough of that," I said as I wiped a year away, "You finally have a big break and you will not ruin it with tears," I cut the ignition, I'm at the place. This is a fairy nice neighborhood, although it's not equipped with security I would consider it nice. It's actual houses and not a bunch of apartments .

I walk up to the officer who is talking to Alex DeMark, drama queen around here and probably how I know about the murder before anyone else came. Alex is a big lime light fan. I stand up straight and walk to the officer.

I tap him on the shoulder and say, "Hello?" I could have sworn he let out an 'ugh' once he fully turned around and saw me then he said, "Hello, how the hell is the press already? Can't you just leave me to do my work? How did people find out so quickly?"

"Excuse you?!?!?! First it's MY job to inform the people what's going on and second as to how people found out do you know who you were talking to before I got here?!?!?!"

"Well YOU always report incorrect information to the public. And I was talking to Alex so is in destress from finding a dead body!!!! Have a little sympathy, you don't know what this woman has been through!!!"

"I DO NOT REPORT INCORRECT INFORMATION!!!! I REPORT THE TRUTH!!! Alex found a random person and YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I'VE BEEN THROUGH!!!! And really destress? Really? Alex is a drama queen who will get what she wants, including you!" Oh my god! Did I just say that! I cover my mouth and turn around. Then I put my hand down and run. Tears start to stream down my face.