Chapter 4: Kevin

After Alex took a phone call she looked sad. I guess it was because she found a body. We started to talk, I was waiting for my people to come. When I got a tap on my shoulder. A lady said, "Hello?" I turn around to see a reporter. I say ugh under my breath. Then I said, "Hello, how the hell is the press already? Can't you just leave me to do my work? How did people find out so quickly?" I REALLY didn't want to deal with them.

"Excuse you?!?!?! First it's MY job to inform the people what's going on and second as to how people found out do you know who you were talking to before I got here?!?!?!" Are you kidding me? The newspaper is full of lies!!!!! What's so bad about Alex? I think I sweet so this bitch needs to back off, it's not like this lady has discovered a dead body!!!

"Well YOU always report incorrect information to the public. And I was talking to Alex so is in destress from finding a dead body!!!! Have a little sympathy, you don't know what this woman has been through!!!"

"I DO NOT REPORT INCORRECT INFORMATION!!!! I REPORT THE TRUTH!!! Alex found a random person and YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I'VE BEEN THROUGH, not like you will ever know!!!! And really destress? Really? Alex is a drama queen who will get what she wants, including you!" What the hell??? I'm not an item and I don't like Alex like that, do I? After she ran off crying I got to think, do I know that girl?

"Well, that was awkward..." Alex said. I didn't really respond so she said, "You know your not an item to get, right?" My ears perk up and she notices. "But you sure are fine, I just want a slice of you." Ugh! Her finger that was went down my cheek, neck, then my stomach. That's when she traces the line of my pants. Pulls out a slip of paper with her other hand and puts it in my pocket and say, "Give me a call, anytime," and with that she left.

I see the reporter in her car, crying. I really hope it's not because of me. I go to her car and knock on the window. She rolls it down. "I'm sorry, I... I was just leaving," she looks up at me and says, "Oh..." She tries to roll up her window.

"Please, don't." I said. I looked intensely at her. She signals with her head for me to get in the other side so I do so.

"What do you want? To insult my profession again? If so get the fuck out of my car." Her voice was harsh.

"I wasn't..."

"Then what?!"

"I WAS going to make sure you were okay, but if you're going to be like that then I will leave. And also you were wrong?"

"What do you mean 'I was wrong?'" She said mockingly. It was kinda cute.

"Alex will never win me," I started intently at the girl. As I look at her I try to figure her out. All I could figure out is she was beautiful.

"Stop that!"

"Stop what?"

"Looking at me like that."

"Why? Is it bothering you?"

"Yes, it is. I feel like your reading my soul."

"Well, I read that you found someone dead that was close to you and it was the worst thing that happened to, you were not an adult so it hurt you harder. You know more vulnerable at that age." I just totally pulled that out of my ass! She starts to twiddle her thumbs. I take her chin and lift it up. I move her beautiful golden brown hair. I wipe a single tear away.

"Your the one wrong this time."

"What?! What do you mean?"

"It wasn't one, okay so it was two and then it was one more followed the anothers."

"Oh sweetie, I'm sorry." I give her a hug and ask, "do you want to tell me about it? I got time."

"Not really..."

"It might help."

"Fine," she sniffles, "When I was 5, my brother was 13, and then there was my parents."

"Okay..."

"Well, me and my parents get into a car accident trying to pick up my brother Jack. My parents went missing and were found dead in my room with a not saying they were dead because of me. I was five and my brother thirteen. my brother was never the same. About a month later I found him in his room dead. He had a note saying it was my fault too. My foster parents tried to get me to forget that but you can't un-see that." She is crying and starts to stare in space for a couple minutes, "That's the short story."

"You have some serious baggage but you can't blame yourself. I'm not going to tell you your damaged or mental but you have to realize it wasn't your fault." Then I give her a hug. My people are here so I get out of the car and say, "Well, Rebecka you can get your interview."

"Call me Becky and give me a minute please," she says and then I leave.