Part 1

"I still love you Y/N."
"Why are you saying that now?"
"I just wanted you to know."
"Too bad your love for me couldn't stop you from killing my brother." I said with tears already running down my cheeks and left.
My knees felt weak, eyes blurry from the amount of tears I cried out.
I got inside my car but there was no strength in me to start it. I leaned my head on the wheel as tears began to stream down my cheeks again.
My chest were getting tighter, allowing very little air for me to breathe in as I felt my heart being shattered to the smallest pieces.
This was it... the 3rd biggest pain in my life... it was this day.
"Has life always been this cruel to everyone?" I asked myself as the feeling of sadness was now being replaced with the feelings of anger and rage.
"I have to do it... I have to do it for you brother." I said as I started the car drove off.
There are very little days, situations and occasions when I let my emotions overtake me... but today was different.
"Son of a bitch." I cursed under my breath as I started driving way over speed limit.
"Why did it have to be you? Why you out of all people?!" I screamed, the car reaching its maximum speed.
But suddenly, everything disappeared in front of my eyes.
The sound of the loud crash was the last thing I heard before loosing my consciousness.
Was this the end?
21 YEARS AGO...
"Hobi!" I yelled excitedly as I opened the door, my eyes glistening in happiness upon seeing my favourite boy in the world.
"Happy birthday Y/N!" he said with the brightest smile on his face as he handed me a small wrapped box.
"Don't open it yet." he chuckled as I groaned in annoyance, my curiosity urging me to open it immediately.
"Let's go." he smiled taking my hand in his warm one, intertwining our fingers together.
"Stay in the neighbourhood! Don't go anywhere too far!" my dad warned us before we got out of my house and walked to our bikes that were laying on the grass of my front yard.
"Hold on, I'll do it for you." Hoseok said as he took my helmet and put it on my head, adjusting the strips so that it's safely fitted.
It was middle of the summer, the sun just getting ready to slowly set behind the horizon and give the moon its place to shine upon the night sky.
It wasn't extremely hot like the usual summer days but rather refreshing. The temperature was just warm enough to give the feeling of summertime while a light breeze brought in a bit of coolness in the air and accompanied us on our way to our favourite place in the neighbourhood - a meadow.
It wasn't that big in its size but what made it special is that no matter how much the neighbourhood was expanding over the years, it was the place that remained untouched. Of course it wouldn't be like that if it wasn't for the people who fought for its protection and preservation.
And since both Hoseok and I grew up in that neighbourhood, we spent a lot of time playing there.
Sometimes we would bring food and spend almost the entire day there because of how much we loved it.
It felt like a whole new world is surrounding us and there is nothing but the two us living in that very moment, imagining all of our dreams and fantasies coming true.
"I'm 7 years old now, just like you Hobi!" I giggled as we were laying down on the grass underneath a tree, looking at the sky changing its colours from soft orange to more darker shades.
"It doesn't matter, I'm still older than you which means I must protect you." he said.
"But I can protect you too!" I frowned in annoyance.
"Can you believe we're starting school this fall?" he asked.
"I don't want to go to school! We won't have that much time to play!" I said making him laugh.
"But what do you want to do in the future?"
"I don't know.. You?"
"I want to become a doctor and help people feel better."
"Does that mean you'll have a lot of money?"
"Yes, I'll buy a big house so that we can live together!"
"Really?? You'll take care of me Hobi?"
"I'll always take care of you Y/N." he said with the warmest smile on his face.
"Did you bring the gift that I gave you before we came here?"
"Yeah it's in my backpack! Can I open it now?" I asked as he nodded and I quickly grabbed the backpack to take the small wrapped box.
Once I opened it, a wide smile curved on my face as I saw a purple bracelet inside.
"I made it myself. I hope you'll like it." Hoseok said as I hastily took it out and put it around my wrist.
"It's so pretty Hobi!"
"Don't you dare to ever take it off!"
"But what if I grow up and it doesn't fit anymore?"
"I'll make you a new one then!"
"Okay!" I giggled and hugged him, planting a small kiss on his cheek that left us both blushing like crazy.
I was really happy that day but it would be unfair to say it was the only day like that in my life.
I felt happiness and joy during all 7 years I have lived so far.
I grew up with my dad and brother Yoongi, who was 6 years older than me.
I never met my mother because she passed away after giving birth to me.
Even though many people pity me for not having a mum, I never felt that much of a emptiness thanks to my brother, who was always there for me while dad was busy working.
He was my age when our mother died so he has some memories of her left in his memory that he gladly shares with me whenever I ask him, no matter how painful it is for him to talk about it.
He was really smart and mature for his age and put family above everything else.
"Y/N?" dad called my name as he entered my room, Yoongi following behind him.
"What's the matter dad?"
"Even though you're still very young, I know that you're a smart girl so you'll understand what dad says right?" he asked as I nodded, carefully observing his serious face expression.
"You know how I told you once how I want to open a restaurant? Well, I still need some money so I found a job that gives me higher salary."
"Does that mean you'll open the restaurant very soon?" I asked him excitedly.
"Yes it does sweetie, but before that we'll have to move to another city because that is where I got my new job."
"So I won't go to school with Hobi?"
"That's right little one. But I'm sure you'll meet many friends in your new school!"
"But I don't want to leave Hobi dad!" I said as tears began to run down my cheeks.
"I know sweetie, I'm so sorry." he said and hugged me.
A few days later, all of our belongings were already packed and we were getting ready to leave.
Just when I was carrying some of my stuff inside the car, a heard a voice so dear to me.
"Y/N!" Hobi shouted while running towards me.
"Hobi.." I pouted as I felt my eyes getting teary.
"Don't cry. It's gonna be alright." he said as he pulled me to his warm embrace.
"I'll find you one day Y/N. I promise."
And just like that, we separated. I left my best friend to go into the unknown.