twenty-five.

╔═══*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══╗

𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞: 𝐨𝐨𝐩𝐬

𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞: 𝐨𝐨𝐩𝐬.

╚═══*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══╝

"──and I bet you the next woman who comes through that door is getting a drink and a good time from me!" Candidate Jimmy Borelli boasted to the table composed of Brett, Otis, and Cruz. 

Otis rolled his eyes, sipping his beer. "I'm telling you, man, you're a candidate. You don't have enough medals and fires for women to give you the time of day."

His statement fell on deaf ears as Jimmy kept his eyes locked on Molly's door. It opened and the young firefighter was holding his breath until a petite woman with short hair walked through. Jimmy sighed in relief knowing that at least it wasn't a woman who was too old or too young for him. Her smile looked nice too. 

Jimmy placed his beer on the table and jutted his chin to the door. "It looks like that's my cue."

The remaining occupants of the table shifted their focus to the one entering the door and their eyes widened when they saw who it was. 

"Jimmy, you shouldn't flirt with her." Sylvie told him, panic in her voice. 

"Why not?" He shot back, a smug grin on his face. "She's gorgeous!" 

"Brett, let him." Cruz said, him and Otis hiding snickers behind their hands. 

Jimmy gave them one last salute and he was off. 

"Hi there." He greeted her, smiling wide. Jimmy had stepped right in front of the woman who looked like she was searching for her group of friends. 

"Oh, hello." She replied, a polite smile on her lips. "I haven't seen you around here before." 

"Yeah. . .I'm the new firefighter at 51." He saw the way her eyes lit up when he said the phrase firefighter at 51. So far, so good. "Can I buy you a drink?"

Her smile dropped just as fast as her eyes lit up. "No but thank you though. I'm Maddie." The woman held her hand out for a handshake and continued, "Have you seen Ke──"

"And, I'm going to give you a good time." Instead of shaking it, Jimmy pressed a soft kiss to which she returned with a nervous laugh. He pressed on, "Just one beer. I'd like to get to know you."

"O──oh, well." She swallowed thickly, "I'm sure someone in this bar would like to get to know you too. Not me though. I have a──"

"Babes?" A familiar voice called from behind which made Jimmy's eyes go wide and his pulse quicken. Was that──

"Kelly!" This time her smile reached her eyes. "Hi." 

"Hey, baby." 

The former lieutenant of Squad 3 had joined them──coming up behind Maddie and snaking an arm around her waist. Jimmy's eyes bulged at the thought of making a move on one of his co-worker's girlfriends. Not to mention the look the other man was giving him; Severide looked at the candidate as if he had just pissed in his beer.