twenty-six.

╔═══*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══╗

𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐢𝐱: 𝐫𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐰𝐞𝐝𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠

𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐰𝐞𝐝𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠.

╚═══*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══╝

The tension was high in Chief's Boden's office yet Kelly Severide remained calm, cool, and collected as Riddle and Patterson went in to discuss whether or not he would be receiving his lieutenant title back.

On a brighter note, Maddie was somewhere in the firehouse, doing make-up on the bride or one of the bridesmaids or even giving Hermann free advice about the tree-house that he wanted to build for his kids. The man was cheap but smart. A wedding was taking place after the venue had burned down. Gabby and Sylvie suggested the firehouse and soon enough flowers were being brought in.

"Did you pass your course, Severide?"

He nodded and added, "With flying colors sir." Because Maddie kept reminding him that she was in fact right and he most certainly did pass the stupid course with flying colors.

"Why don't we put your leadership skills to the test?" Riddle challenged, "As a reinstated officer, would you support a firehouse for a private event?"

"If I thought it would help people, I'd support it." He answered without missing a beat.

Riddle narrowed his eyes at the firefighter. "I think we'll let Severide stay where he is."

"Wait, what?!"

"Kelly." His chief warned but it fell on deaf ears.

Severide shook his head, his voice raising an octave. "No way. I passed your class. I kept my head down. I did my job. Ask Patterson!"

"You don't think I already have?"

Anger and betrayal were feelings that everyone wanted to avoid. And, Kelly Severide didn't have good coping mechanisms for those specific emotions. Not in moments where his job was on the line (when he clearly did what was asked of him) and a baby was on the way.

Without missing a beat, Kelly shot back. "If he didn't give me a positive review, then he's full of it."

"Severide," The current Squad lieutenant said, "I'm happy to discuss with you later."

"I'm not talking to you!"

"Kelly, that's enough."