6. I'm show you what a real hero is

Dudes!! It's been a year since I've updated!! Aghhhhh I'm so sorry. I came back to see 2k reads??? Crazy!! Thank you for enjoying my story!! Here's the new chapter 🥺🥺 This isn't edited so let me know about any spelling errors?!!!

I trained as hard as Yuki would allow me to over the past 2 weeks. I felt great! I didn't really speak to anyone from school the entire time which kind of sucked.

A day before the Sports Festival:

I should probably text Katsuki? I mean we won't all be friendly come tomorrow. I'm sure he'll try to kill me a couple times again.... it's just how he is.

To: Angry Pomeranian
From: Y/n

Yo! Wanna hang out before you hate my guts and try to kill me tomorrow? :)

From: Angry Pomeranian
To: Y/n

-Sorry but no! And I already do hate your guts and wanna kill you.
-Sikeee
-but honestly I can't, I have things I gotta take care of

I just replied with ok and debated on whether or not I wanted to text Shoto or Izuku, but I figured I'd run into a similar situation.

Sports Festival
Your pov

I woke up pretty early so I could leave with the old man. This morning already felt different, I could almost tell everything and everyone was against me. I'm pretty sure that's how everyone felt. Everyone was there to win no emotions or strings attached and if I wanted to win I knew I couldn't allow myself to feel for my classmates either. Before we left Oka said his goodbye and wished me good luck.

The car ride there was pretty silent, I guess he could tell I was in deep thought or maybe he didn't know what to say. "Hey kid, I just wanted to say for you to do your best ok? I know how important your friends are but remember why you're there. Ugh You know I suck at these kinds of things but do your best alright?!"

"I will."

I was first in the waiting room so I took the couch spot and put in my headphones. When the others came in one by one we all kinda just waved at each other. I didn't really want to talk to anyone and I knew they felt the same. Soon everyone was in there and by that time the room's atmosphere had changed. It was almost hard to breath through everyone's messy emotions.

After staring at the ceiling for some time I finally looked over and saw Todoroki in Izuku's face, I took out my earbuds to listen.

"...I think I'm stronger than you...But All might has his eye on you, doesn't he? Not to pry about that but I am going to beat you."

I stood up and didn't know what to do. My closest friends were rivaling each other, but it was to be expected. Although I don't know why he had to make it a public announcement.

"Oooo. The best are making a declaration of war?"

Kirishima stood up but I made it there before him. I put my hand on Shoto's shoulder trying to get him to take a step back.
"Hey! Cut it out, we're all trying to be the top? Why are you picking a fight? Right now?"

Todoroki pushed my hand away. I was getting weird vibes, I could tell he had changed so much and it had only been two weeks.
"we aren't here to make friends. I'm sorry y/n but I'm here to be #1 nothing more and nothing less."

Ouch

He walked away and I just stood there in disbelief. I spaced out what happened after that, but I guess Izuku returned the war call. I was kinda of proud

>>>

Everyone was walking out, Checking everyone else out. I had my head down and couldn't help to think about earlier.
He's right! Stupid me, I'm here to be the best too. I just need to think about me this time. Just like my old man said. I can't forget why I'm here.