•Steven x Shy!Insecure! Reader

I am SOOOO SORRY to the person who requested this. It has taken so long because I've had a lot of stuff to deal with irl. But I'm here now! And I'm going to write all the other requests that have been waiting on me I promise 💞💞💞

I was just walking into the arcade to play some games when I heard loud noise coming from outside. When I walked out and glanced back and forth I saw a small gem fighting Steven. It was blue, green, and red, and had water wings. So, I decided to go see what all the fuss was about. When I arrived, the fight was only becoming more intense. The first to see me was Steven himself.
"(y/n)! What are you doing here? This is a fight you could get hurt!" He yelled at me worriedly.
"Y-you're right.. I'll just go hide.." I said at a medium volume as my insecurities made me feel like an idiot. As I started to run away though, I was paralyzed in my position. I moved my eyes around to look at what was going on, and saw that the small gem, who, upon closer inspection, was a fusion, had me suspended with their little wand (?). Steven yelled out.
"You put her down BlueBird!" He sounded so angry. Was it at me? I blushed a bit hearing him sound so serious, it was a completely different tone than his usual bubbly one. Still, how could I have been such an idiot?! I came here and now look, I'm frozen in place. My thoughts were interrupted when BlueBird cackled.
"So Rose, this ugly little piece of flesh is important to you? Then come and get it!" They yelled as I was lifted from the ground to the fusions side, still frozen in running position. Embarrassed, I blushed.
"NO!" Steven yelled as he turned pink and jumped into the air. "And she is NOT ugly!" He added as he smacked the fusion to the ground with his shield, causing their wand to deactivate. The suspension let go of me and I started to fall.
"Help!" I started plummeting towards the ground. Then just before my body met the hard sandy ground, two strong arms cradled me bridal style. They were pink at first, but slowly faded to that pale skin I knew and loved. I blushed as I met Stevens eyes. He landed on the ground and set me on my feet, still holding my shoulders. When my feet met the sand I stumbled and fell into his chest. He held onto me and slowly slid me to a seated position on the ground. Kneeled in front of me, he spoke.
"Wait here." I hugged him quickly before letting go.
"Okay."
He kept back into the air and got the fusion to fall apart, only to decide a few moments later that they both hated Steven, and they refused and flew off. Somehow I couldn't help but feel guilty for making Steven have to save me. I should've just stayed away. Steven walked over to me after BlueBird was gone.
"(y/n) are you okay?" He held out a hand for me to take. I used him for support as I stood up. I stumbled again, but I was alright.
"I'm fine. And I'm sorry to put you through all that extra trouble. It's all my fault for getting kidnapped. I shouldn't have come over here.." I looked away guiltily.
"What are you talking about? None of that was your fault. It was just BlueBird being a jerk." He grabbed my chin gently so I was looking at him.
"You mean it?" I asked him.
"Of course." He paused and gently kissed my cheek.
"I meant that too." He smiled.
I was in shock, blushing cherry red.
"S-Sorry.. I don't know what I was thinki-," he started but I cut him off by quickly pecking his lips. Now we were both red.
"It's okay." I smiled as he hugged me tightly.
"I'm glad you're okay." He sighed calmly into my shoulder.

"Me too." I closed my eyes as we stood there for what felt like forever, just holding onto each other in the sand.

Sorry it's short! I've got a lot to get done, but I hope you like it!