fall ; 21

Before Ricky had come in for lunch later that day, he stood by the glass panel to observe his girlfriend for a moment. Her hair was down and it kept falling in front of her face, blocking her vision. He watched as she kept tucking the same tuft of hair behind her ear and she arranged the merchandise in the shop and how it slipped down from behind her ear again and again, defiantly. He laughed at this funny pattern of hers, wondering why she didn't just pull her hair up in a bun or ponytail. But, either way, he loved when her hair was down, she looked like a mermaid princess with the long wavy locks down her back. Ricky picked a purple wildflower from the nearby bush, suddenly feeling compelled to give it to her, in appreciation of her beauty. Nini's face lit up when she saw the curly-haired boy walking into the shop, the bell attached to the door tingled signalling his entrance. He enveloped her in a big hug, evoking a squeal from her. Ricky laughed into his girlfriend's neck as he kissed her exposed skin and his grip tightened around her waist in delight, "You look really beautiful today." A blush rose up to her face, cheeks rosy as she slapped his chest shyly, "Stop it."

"I can't, you're just so pretty," He presented the flower to her, then proceeded to tuck it in her hair behind her ear, seriously hoping that it wouldn't fall like that little tuft of hair. Nini thanked him with a bright smile on her face and kissed him for good measure. He kissed her back, enjoying the feeling of her lips against his.

The bell on the door tingled again, signalling the entrance of a customer. Ricky stroked her cheek lightly before heading to the cafe side to greet Nate and Emma, and to get his lunch from the kitchen. Nini almost laughed when he didn't even bother checking who had come in, the disappointment on Seb and Carlos' faces making her crack up. "Thanks for coming, guys," Nini went over and shook both their hands, "Sorry that he didn't see you guys, he just assumed that it was any other customer." Carlos rolled his eyes, "Don't worry, we know that Ricky is just dumb like that," The amount of diva in his tone amused Nini, she hadn't seen that side of him earlier that morning. "You guys can go over and take a seat at his usual spot first, he's probably going to talk to my brother for a little bit." Nini directed the guys to a table at the back of the cafe that had a Reserved sign on it, and they guys took a seat comfortably, scanning the place with their bespectacled eyes.

It was not long before Ricky came over and snuck a kiss on her cheek, "Nina, why are there people sitting at our-", his dumb ass stopping in mid-sentence when he realised who exactly was sitting at their table. "Oh my gosh, Seb, Carlos, what are you guys doing here? And, how do you know Nini?"

"Really, Bowen? Not even a Hi Carlos and Seb, I'm glad you're here?" Carlos took a sip of water, while staring at him pointedly. "Hi Carlos and Seb, I'm glad you're here. Happy now?" Ricky deadpanned, "But, seriously, why are you guys here?" Seb sighed, "Can't we just be here for a holiday and also to visit you?" Ricky smiled brightly at Seb and fist bumped him, happy that they were there to visit him. Nini left them to talk as she went back to watch over her souvenir section of the shop, there was a customer that came in that was looking at the stuff on display.

"I heard from your cousin that you're going back to Oahu next week. Why didn't you tell us?" Carlos put his hand down firmly on the table. "Hey, look, I found out about this last week. And, I've been working my ass off to pay rent because my mom isn't letting me stay at home." Ricky defended himself. He hadn't thought to tell any of his old friends that he was going to be back, he'd plan to go there for the Bowen clan celebration then immediately head back to Kauai, back to his joke and stable source of income. "Wow, Mrs Bowen wasn't kidding when she said she was disappointed in you," Carlos remarked, and Ricky flinched at his friend's bluntness. Seb nudged the diva next to him and comforted Ricky, "If you need a place to stay, you can always stay at our BnB, we have spare rooms at the moment, it's the lull period for everyone now." Ricky's eyes widened when he realised his foolishness of not telling his friends earlier. He could have saved himself the trouble and fatigue by crashing at one of their houses. "If that is possible, it would literally mean the world to me and Nini," He thanked Seb for his hospitality, chiming in that his girlfriend would be there too.