Chapter Five: Try me!

I rushed downstairs in my pajamas, I was panting and afraid. The dream, it felt so real. I felt as if I had actually faced a near death experience from drowning, I opened my fridge and saw some bottled water. As soon as I saw it I slammed my fridge door closed, I don't need water right now!

I fell to my knees breathing hard as I held my head, what did it mean? "He messes with mind in reality and now my dreams." I laughed stressfully. I stood up dusting off my pajamas, and as I walked back to my room I heard a small knock on my front door. "Huh." I said before taking a quick glance at the clock, it flashed 9:45 Am. I walked to the door getting on my tippy toes to look out the peephole, and there I saw Cream with a sad Sally.

I sighed and opened the door, "Good morning Amy!" Cheered Cream. Sally sobbing through her hands, she was sitting on the ground. As much as she made me feel stupid I felt as if I HAD to help her, if I didn't I'd be incomplete. "Sally what's wrong?" I asked thinking I already knew the answer. She glanced up to me, pain, anger, confusion, sadness, and udder emptiness. "Your what's wrong, Sonic likes you!" She growled.

My eyes widened, "Your kidding right?" She let more tears flow, her eyes slowly growing puffy. "I wish I was... he said that maybe he went down the wrong road and you were the one, and that we needed some time apart!" The bellowing squirrel was a sight of pity, I kneeled to her and rubbed her head. "I'll go talk to him, and see if I can work anything out. Ok?" Softly stroking her head I tried my best to comfort her.

Sally looked at me with hopeful eyes, "Why?"

"Why what?"

"Why do you want to help me, even after what I did to you?" She looked embarrassed.

"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger." I grinned. "Now wait down here while I change so we can go confront this hedgehog." Turning I went upstairs to change. "I told you she would help." I heard Cream cheer to Sally.

"I'm glad she did, and I'm sorry for what I did to her... I guess I owe her big time." Sally mumbled still embarrassed.

After changing, I went to go speak with Sonic. I feel as if I went by myself he'd tell me his part of the story and not have to worry about changing it because Sally was hovering over him.

Finally making it to his house I knocked on the door, I heard a rattling and the door flung open. "Huh, hey Amy what are you doing here?" Sonic asked me, his muzzle a slight tint of pink. It was funny to see him blush, I'd only seen it once before.

"Come on in." He gestured into the house he shared with his best friends Tails. The house was neat and organized rows of books covering book shelves that clung to the green and silver walls. I went and sat on a soft black sofa and Sonic sat on another that was across from me, I had to admit. This had to be one of my biggest dreams when I was crazy for Sonic however now it feels like living Hell.

"Sonic what did you say to Sally?" I said cutting to the chase and removing all the comforting small talk. He sighed and ran his fingers through his slightly messy quills, it was kinda cute. "I told her how I felt." He looked at me with soft but sad eyes. "Ok, but did you tell her what she needed to hear?" I crossed my legs getting fed up with his bull. "What do you mean?" He pouted.

"Did you just tell her how you felt, or did you break it down and tell her went she needed to know damnit!" I yelled at him now upset. "Tsk, you cute when your mad." Sonic purred. I got up and looked at him, "Look I tried talking, now..." I summoned my hammer angrily. "Tell me what I need to hear!" I growled bringing my hammer to the air. Sonic jumped lightly and waved his hands at me, "Whoa Amy calm down put the hammer away and we can talk!"

"Hurry up then!" I growled dropping my hammer to the ground, I saw Sonic smile. "I told her I was mistaken and that your the one." Sonic shrugged. I put a hand on my hip and shook my head laughing, "Sonic, Sonic, Sonic." "Amy, Amy, Amy?" He repeated. "You think that now that I look good in your eyes you can try to get me to love you again, well your wrong." I huffed blowing my bangs from my eyes. "That's not the reason why, it's because you e matured. Your so beautiful when your not hunting me down for love." He smiled.

"Well you don't love me, because if you did you would have told me all of this sooner... And you wouldn't have made out with Sally." I teared up lightly but wiped them away. "I was confused and she was there and I just needed comfort at the time..." Sonic rubbed his quills lightly. "Well Sonic, you've made your choice. Stick to it." I said going towards the door. Sonic's eyes widened as he ran to the door.

"Your my decision!" He said basically begging. "It's too late for that now huh?" I turned and shook my hips lightly as I made my way out the door. "You sure told him." Said a familiar voice, I looked for the owner of said voice. "Right here." Said the voice from behind me, thinking it was Sonic pulled out my hammer and turned swinging it. "Whoa." Shadow stopped my hammer and laughed. "This is a dangerous weapon young lady." He smirked.

I laughed and put my hammer down, as I gave Shadow a hug. "Shadow.."? I heard Sonic say from behind Shadow's back. I blushed and tried to move from Shadow's arms, but felt that I was pinned against him. He was holding me tightly as he glared at Sonic, "You broke her heart blue boy so move along." Shadow growled. My eyes widened and I watched with intensity in my eyes, knowing then both they'd fight.

"How do you know, you just met her!?" Sonic snapped back. "Unlike you I'm not naive and foolish so I can sense what's causing someone tension." When Shadow spoke he was calm and collective, he didn't stutter and he spoke clearly. And I was amazed by that, Sonic on the other hand looked agitated by it.

"I understand why you didn't want to give me a chance now." Sonic said coldly at me. The old Amy would have fell to her knees crying, but this one was fed up with his bull. "I didn't give you another chance because your a play boy!' I yelled angered by his harsh words. "Well what do you look like right now, a play bunny for Shadow." Sonic sounded hurt. I'd never heard him like that... ever.