paint - vmin (3)

Jin freezes, keys still dangling in the doorknob as he stands staring through the entrance to his own home.

"What are you doing?"

"Go away, I'm on a date," Taehyung says moodily from Jin's dining room table, his face thrown into disconcerting shadows from the candlelight of the single burning candle on the table.

"No," Jin corrects him, sounding concerned now. "You are eating a hot pocket, pantless in my dining room and apparently having a conversation with your computer."

"I found Jimin's YouTube channel," Taehyung says simply. "After I shat my pants at how many subscribers he has, I binged for 13 hours and finally decided to take a food break. Now I'm having dinner with bae."

"Should I be concerned right now?" Jin asks, tentatively stepping into the room and shutting the door behind him.

"No," Taehyung clicks his tongue in annoyance, reaching across the table to pause Jimin's tutorial video. "I do not actually think I'm on a date, Jin. I'm just practicing for when it inevitably happens. Easing myself into it. He's a lot to handle. And also I like looking at his face when I eat. Aids my digestion."

"That is not true."

"Literally doctor's orders."

"You know, you say that a lot, but there is no way in hell an actual doctor is telling you these things," Jin says skeptically, slinging his bag down on the ground.

"It's one of those telephone doctors my company provides for us as part of our benefit package. When I got that allergic reaction to peanut butter on my nuts, I just texted him a photo of the rash, and I got a prescription for medical marijuana. It was awesome." He takes another bite of his hot pocket and turns back to the screen. "Now if you'll excuse me, I was just about to watch Jimin's video on tucking." He glances back at Jin with a proud look. "Which I have recently discovered is not about shirts."

"Fine, whatever. I'll leave you to your... date," Jin sighs, shuffling over to the kitchen to start making dinner. "Any chance you're going to see real Jimin any time soon?"

Taehyung shifts in his seat. "Um. Probably. I have his number."

"And you haven't texted him yet?" Jin asks in disbelief.

He shifts uncomfortably, his upper thigh un-sticking painfully from the chair. "I'm... no."

"Text him, then!"

"Right now?" Taehyung asks, the panic evident in his voice.

"Yes, right now! You don't want to leave a hottie like that hanging. Not when they're that far out of your league. Believe me, I know from experience."

"When did you leave somebody hanging?"

Jin tilts his head to one side like he can't believe what he's hearing. "I am obviously the hottie in this scenario, you bitch. How could you say something like that to me?"

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry," Taehyung pouts, sliding his phone towards him on the table. "Fuck, you really think I should text him?"

"Yes, like asap. You know how many people are probably pursuing him as we speak?"

"Fine." Taehyung picks up his phone and opens his messaging app, typing a simple 'Hello' into the text box, finger hovering over the 'send' button. He stares at the screen, unblinking, for a solid 30 seconds before he is groaning in frustration. "I can't do this, Jin!"

"Yes you can. Just close your eyes and press send," Jin assures him kindly.

Taehyung takes a deep breath, then mashes his fingers down on the screen where he estimates the 'send' button must be. Then he presses down once more, for good measure, just to make sure it went through. He peeks his eyes open to look at Jin again. "I did it!"