✎ forbidden.

◤      ◥

darknettle

◣      ◢

darknettle is forbidden.

❝it's all clear. let's go.❞

❝excuse me? what are you doing outside of the cave?❞

the ginger and black tom glided along the surface of the ice, trying to scramble away from the threat directly behind him. "i'm sorry! i'll never visit her again!"

"that's what you said last time. you lied!" roared the light brown she-cat that was in pursuit of the ginger and black tom.

the tom being chased hissed, "i wasn't trying to lie or be disloyal. i l-loved her!" a snarl behind him proved that his affair had been unforgivable.

suddenly massive paws meet his back, pushing him harshly to the ground. "apologize to your real mate! you're unfair to her and you know how hard her life already is, being pregnant!"

the silver tabby she-cat in front of him looked at the ginger and black tom, sorrow in her yellow-green eyes. "why would you do this to me, darknettle? what about our kits?" she fretted, signaling to her large belly. her tone was disappointed, which split the tom's heart in two.

the ginger and black tom — darknettle — gazed at it with pain. he gently meowed, "i'm sorry, but i just love you both, and —"

"that's unacceptable! you mated with a rogue, darknettle. that is against the warrior code. you're headed straight to the death cave!" the mottled brown she-cat pinning the ginger and black tom down shrieked, piercing his ears.

fear splashed in darknettle and the silver tabby she-cat's gaze. "no, please, plumstar. he doesn't deserve that! it was an accident!"

the light brown mottled she-cat whipped her head around, her green eyes sharpening as they caught on the silver tabby. "hailberry, it was no accident. darknettle loves her!" plumstar hissed, grasping the ginger and black tom's scruff and dragging him all the way to camp.

on the way in the camp entrance, darknettle's sister, newtthistle, gazed at him, her mouth gaping open in confusion. "what's happening?" she mewed hurriedly, pacing over to her brother.

"step back!" mumbled plumstar from where her mouth was tightly around darknettle's scruff. newtthistle let out a short hiss but stepped back. the clan was all staring at him as the brown leader plopped him down in the center of camp. worried murmurs broke out.

plumstar hopped up on the meeting rock and called for a meeting. "today, i found darknettle talking fondly with a rogue —" she was interrupted by yowls of betrayal and hurt. hailberry looked at him with agony and... was that pity?

plumstar raised her paw for silence. "he admitted to loving her and being with her," the leader cast her enraged green gaze upon the ginger and black warrior. "darknettle, are there any more details that i'm missing out on?"

darknettle knew he would die, either lying or telling the truth. so he told the truth. "poison pebble — the rogue — and i... we've been visiting for about seven moons, i think. she — she's pregnant... with my kits..." the ginger and black tom trailed off, wails of outrage surrounding him.