It Is What It Is Part 3

I was only looking for a shortcut home 

But it's complicated, so complicated

Somewhere in this city is a road I know

Where we could make it but maybe there's no making it now

Look for Adam, the boy with the broken smile and ask if he wants to stay for awhile. He was only trying to bury last year's pain but today he made her cried instead and now he can't stop her from crying. He was just trying to save himself from the pain he buried twelve months ago but found himself lost in her again. That her was Christina Aguilera. 

Strapped in for the last five minutes, Adam felt tortured. They were landing any minute now and he felt suffocated. He kept moving and fussing in his seat as Behati looks at him as though he was infested with ants. The last five minutes kept replaying in his head. Christina loved him. 

Upon hearing the wheels dropping and a smooth landing occurred, the captain finally turned off the seat belt signal. The captain came on the intercom and welcomed the gang to South Stradbroke Island. Quietly, everyone gathered their carried on and luggages from the top compartments as they each went into a singled filed line to make an exit. Waiting outside was a stretched black limo, the driver assigned to this route, hurried to Blake, Miranda, Cee Lo, Behati, Adam, Cam and Christina to gathered up all their luggages and places them in the roomy trunk in the back as they each hopped onto the limo. During the ride to their hotel, everyone remained quiet. Blake was at lost for words. He kept fussing with his wedding ring to keep his mind from exploding. Normally silence doesn't do well with Blake. However, at this moment, he's surprised himself that he has lasted this long without making a sound. He couldn't believe what just had happened. He was at the season finale party and he swore he saw Adam there. It was brief because they each had interviews to tend to. So the question boggled Blake's mind: Why did Adam stood Christina up? And most importantly where was Adam?

The limo finally arrived to Palazzo Versace, a luxurious hotel located on the Southport Spit, Main Beach on the Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia. It was a massive building that looks like a palace fit for a king and a queen. The hotel features award winning restaurants and bars such as Vanitas, Vie Bar + Restaurant, II Barocco and Le Jardin

The driver opens the door as the gang exits. Awaiting them was the doormen ready to  greet the famous visitors and assist them with their luggages. The doormen was surprisingly taken by the stars gloomy faces but didn't dare to question. 

"Hi Mr. Blake Shelton. We are please that you've decided to stay at Palazzo Versace. Your suites are awaiting." The host arrived with a formal welcoming speech. "You have noted that there are a party of seven. I have taken the liberty to assigned each couple to their designated suite which are all in the same floor in close proximity as I'm well aware you're all traveling together. This floor is private therefore no one would be able to access your floor without a code. I promise that you and your friends will not be disturbed." The host finishes and smile satisfyingly. He was pleased with his introduction as Blake rubs his head, wondering about the arrangements. 

"Actually there's only two couples on this trip. My wife and I. Adam Levine and his fiancé." Blake said as a matter of fact.

"Add us to that roster," Christina stated from behind, as Cam reached for Christina's hand to illustrate a united front. 

"Make that three," Blake told the host as he threw stern stare to Adam. It was Adam's fault that this trip became what it was. A joke. He thought. 

"Man, I'm all by myself..." Cee Lo sang Eric Carmen's famous song, hoping to break the ice but the effort unfortunately didn't yield any smiles or laughters from any parties. Blake came from behind and whispers, "Nice try, buddy. But if you ask me, I rather be alone right now then deal with this crap." Blake waves in front of him, displaying Adam standing as far away from Christina as possible.