Chapter 10: Artistic Talent

It makes sense that an armour testing facility has an armour modifying room.

I had brought the assassin armour in there, like the rest of my group brought their new sets in, and got to work.

I must've worked for hours, because before I knew it, the lights were out, and everyone was gone.

The only thing illuminating the room was a forge, and a lamp over a work bench that I was using to paint my armour.

I had replaced the left forearm plate with the one on the left handed version of the armour, so I could have one blade on either arm.

The armour was impressive, to say the least.

However, with every passing minute, my mind kept going back to Rain.

I figured forging armour would help me take my mind off of her, but it didn't.

Honestly, I felt terrible about what I had said.

However, I was shocked that that little bit tore up such a serious girl.

But then again, considering her past...

All of a sudden, the door opened,

I looked over and saw Inquisitor Raze.

He walked over to me, and looked at the peices of armour strewn across the table.

Raze: Usually when I enter a room, people stand in respect, and out of fear that I will kill them.

Me: I would pay you to kill me right now.

Raze: I don't doubt that.

He used the force to pull a chair closer to him, and he sat down next to me.

Raze: I admire your artistic talent?

Me: What do you mean?

Raze: You made your armour different. The others just took armour, slapped stuff to them, and marked an orange... But you... You made it your own... You forge scorched it, painted it, designed it... It's practically new armour overall. It's been remade, reheated and cooled down again with perfect effort. How did you learn to forge armour like this?

Me: Well, isn't it obvious? I'm Mandalorian.

Raze: I thought you grew up on a planetary colony?

Me: Yeah. A Mandalorian colony. They taught me to forge armour. I know quite a bit... But my training was never completed...

Raze: Why?

Me: I... Got kicked out of my clan... I was too weak by their standards... Can we NOT talk about this?

Raze: Of course.

He watched as I painted the armour.

Raze: You seem to be struggling with your relationship with your team. Your conscious clings to your failure like a tick. Why?

Me: Inquisitor, with all do respect, if one more person gives me their "advice", or their view on "how it should be done", I will cave their nose in, and don't think I'm excluding you.

Raze: While I'd like to see you try, I know what you mean. People always told me that I should use more force powers to break out of prison, and that I should lead them to freedom. I'm leading people now, but not to freedom. And they are not the same people. They are the people that I am just. You may want to change your leading strategy. Your team wasn't formed to lead regulars, so stop focusing on regulars. Think on that.

He got up, and left the room.

However, he peaked back in to say one last thing.

Raze: By the way, turn the forge off, your affecting the heating in my room.