Chapter 16

*Matts POV*

I don't know how to feel right now. I mean I've always wanted to go to Cali but I didn't expect my mom to be so happy about it. I feel like there's something up. And I need to figure out what that is. Fast. But I should really talk to Tori about this.

She's sitting there staring at the floor and hasn't said a word since my mom left.

"Hey you okay?" She looked like she was a little freaked out and confused when she met my eyes.

"Um, yeah. It's just that it's so much to take in. It's California Matt. It's all the way across the country. And I'm a little confused. Your mom seemed more than thrilled to send two teenagers across the country. Why?" Wow. She feels the same as me.

"Yeah I was thinking the same thing. It all seems a bit weird to me. But I have a plan. I need to know what she's really up to." I hope Tori will help me with this.

"Okay. What's the plan?" She smiled mischievously and looked straight into my eyes.

"Well, I was thinking that we could pretend that you have to go home and pack up your things but you're actually going to walk out of the house and climb back in through a window in the basement. Then walk up the basement stairs and put your phone on record and put the microphone part under the door so we can pick up what she's saying. Then I'm going to come downstairs and start asking questions and hopefully we'll be able to figure out what's going on. Are you in?" It did seem a bit much so I was scared that she wouldn't want to do it.

"Oh hell yes I am!" I've never seen her so sure about something and it was really adorable. Now we just have to decide when to do this.

"So when are we gonna do this?" I hoped she had a better idea of when then me.

"Let's do it now silly. We don't have much time." She does have a point.

"Okay let's do this!" She starts laughing uncontrollably at my weirdness. She's just so perfect.

After Tori changed and grabbed her phone, we got up and made our way downstairs. It seemed a little too quiet but that's probably because it's just the three of us in the house. My dad hasn't been home in a few weeks and my siblings are never around either. I kind of miss them.

I found my mom washing dishes in the kitchen with a huge smile on her face. It was so creepy.

"Uh hey mom. Tori is gonna head out now to go pack. I'm gonna walk her out and I'll be back to help you with these dishes." It felt weird telling her this but I had no choice.

"Okay sweetie. Bye Tori. See you soon!" She's still way too cheerful. Tori just waved and we walked hand and hand to the door.

"Alright now make sure you text me when you're on the basement stairs. I won't go near the kitchen until I get your text. Matter of fact I'll just stay out here so she doesn't think anything is up." I hope to god that this works.

"K got it. Good luck Matt. And be careful." I kissed her cheek and then she ran to the other side of the house.

I was playing on my phone and hiding in the bushes waiting for the text. I hope Tori makes it in okay. If she ever got hurt I wouldn't forgive myself.

I was quickly brought out of my thoughts when my phone vibrated signaling that our plan was now in motion.

Princess 😘😍💕: okay I'm in. It's go time. Gl 😘

I texted her back saying I was ready and i walked back inside and into the kitchen.

"Okay here I am. Need help?" I was really nervous for this.

"No. Just get out of my face and stop making a mess in my kitchen. I don't want to see your face until the moving truck gets here. Got it? Oh and don't you dare bring that slut back in here before you move. I don't like her at all." Woah. What happened to my mother? This is not the mom I grew up with.

"Um what? What happened to you? You sound nothing like the mother I've known all my life. And Tori is my best friend. She's not a slut. She's beautiful, kind, funny, and she's always there for me. Who the hell are you?" I was beyond angry that she called tori a slut. My best friend is not a slut.

"Oh Matty, I've been this way my whole life. Just never around you. I wanted to seem like a good mom but bringing that whore in this house made me change my mind. I can't wait until your ass is out of my house. And don't you dare come back either. I don't want to see your face once you get out to California or you're going to regret it. Trust me." I punched the counter out of rage. This woman is insane. I just hope Tori is doing okay. If my mom catches her here, she's going to get hurt.

"What'll happen if I do? I want to come back and see dad." I was testing her now. I wanted to see what my "mother" was capable of.

"Oh if you set one foot on this property, I can guarantee you won't see your precious bitch ever again. And that's a promise. The same thing goes if she comes back here before the move." Oh no. This is not good. I hope Tori is leaving now. I don't want to see her get hurt. I wouldn't be able to live with myself.

*Tori's POV*

I can't even believe Matts mom. She's horrible. Matt should really call the cops on her. She's fucking psycho. It's people like her that make the world a disgusting place. This just makes me wonder if my mother is the same way. I mean her and Sarah acted like they've known each other for years when we first moved in and I thought that it was kind of sketchy but I didn't think anything of it until now. My mom probably feels the same way and can't wait to get rid of me.

Matt is now screaming at his mom and it's scaring me. I'm debating whether or not I should leave but I don't know what to do. Just as I was about to get up, the unthinkable happens.

"YOU STUPID UNGRATEFUL BRAT! IM GOING DOWN TO THE BASEMENT TO GET A BOX AND IF YOURE STILL IN THE KITCHEN WHEN I COME BACK UP, WATCH OUT. I WOULDNT WANT TO BE YOU!"

Oh my god. I'm shaking uncontrollably and I'm so scared. There's no where to hide down here and it'll take too long to climb out the window. I'm screwed. The only thing I can do is stay extremely quite and sit on the side of the couch that's furthest away from the door. Hopefully she won't notice me.

I ran to that spot and sat as quiet as I could. I silenced mg phone and sat there shaking. I wish Matt were here right now. I'm so fucking scared.

The door slammed open and the lights were turned on. I heard footsteps pounding down the stairs and my heart sank to my feet. I've never been so scared in my life. I can't even breathe and my heart is beating a million times a minute. I hear her coming closer and I pray that she doesn't notice me.

Spoke too soon. Of course she would fucking notice me.

"I KNEW IT! COME OUT HERE YOU LITTLE SLUT! YOURE SO DISGUSTING AND RUDE. IVE ALWAYS HATED MATTHEW BEING AROUND YOU. YOURE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR HIM. YOURE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR ANYONE! AND HIDING DOWN HERE JUST COST YOUR CHANCES OF SEEING DAYLIGHT AGAIN. ONCE YOU SEE WHERE YOURE HEADED, YOULL WISH YOU HAD NEVER MOVED HERE YOU PIECE OF SHIT!" The look on her face was terrifying and I was now sobbing. Where the hell is Matthew? I need him. I need him so much.

Sarah took something out of her pocket. Tape. She taped my hands to gather behind my back and put a gag in my mouth so I couldn't scream. I just stood there petrified. There was nothing I could do.

I was pulled from my terror when I was blindfolded and thrown into what felt like a sac or something. It was very hard to breathe and it didn't help that I was scared out of my mind so my breathing pattern was all over the place. And I have asthma too. I'm sort of hyperventilating and all I can think of is Matt. Where is he?