Chapter 1: Just a Camping Trip

Prologue:

Allen couldn't stop smiling.

He has traveled to places before. Lots of places before, but this was different.

Before it was with his uncle who would just dump all the work onto Allen.

But now?

He's camping with a friend. That made a world of a difference to Allen.

Allen and Lavi were roommates back in their apartment. They became close friends basically the moment they met, years ago.

This was the first time Allen had gone on a trip with a friend, even if it's just to camp out in the woods.

They had been driving for about two hours or so to get to the campsite where they would be staying, but Allen didn't mind the wait.

"Heh, you look like a little kid." Lavi laughed from the driver's seat, watching Allen bounce in his own seat with an excited smile as they pulled into the beginning of a long dirt path that led to the campsite. They had seen nothing but dense trees for the longest until they started finding signs and arrows leading toward their destination. The site was pretty deep in the woods making it a pain to get to, but it really gave off that feeling of isolation from the rest of the world.

"Hm." Allen hummed excitedly, not really acknowledging the friendly insult. He was lost in thought, thinking about how much fun they were gonna have.

He smiled, ignorant of the future danger awaiting the both of them.

************************************
I do not own D.Gray-Man or any images used.