1.7

They were silent for a while as Baekhyun held his oldest and favorite camera and turned around. It was still loaded with a film.

Baekhyun turned and took a photo of Chanyeol leaning against the door frame. -Do you remember that I once told you that I wanted to be a photographer?

-I do remember.

"I still think so, I think, but as a hobby. I think there are other better things I can do with my life than taking pictures of celebrities and politicians and weddings."

-As which? He looked Chanyeol in the eyes.
-I'm going to law school. I'm going to be a defense attorney. Chanyeol smiled.

-You're going to have to work hard.

-I know.

-Entering a good university is the first step. You're going to have to be able to write an admissions essay to hell. Baekhyun swallowed hard.

-Definitely. And maybe take the exam again. My grades in high school... -He stopped. His score was nothing to be proud of. -Back then I really hadn't thought much about the future. He hadn't thought about how short his life was and how little time he really had to accomplish something with it. He bit his lip with concern.

-I hope they accept me. Chanyeol smiled. -Oh, don't worry about it. Any university you want. They will accept you. Baekhyun watched him as Chanyeol sat on his bed and drank his beer.

-You told me that when I came out you would tell me who you are and how... Chanyeol put his hands on his knees and suddenly stood up with a tired moan.

-Tomorrow kid. I will tell you everything you want to know. Tonight, you need to take a shower, get some sleep. You have had a long day. He leaned down to hug Baekhyun, then paused. -And brush your teeth. That garlic pizza you had is still kicking. Baekhyun laughed, then turned to search the boxes for a pair of boxers and a tank top. The big man pointed to the bathroom door.

-Towels, toothbrush and everything you need is there.

-Ok

Baekhyun entered and closed the door, then Chanyeol shouted -Don't drop the soap!

Baekhyun smiled and his smile turned into a laugh when he saw the soap Chanyeol had left for him. It was the same soap on a string that he had given him the day they met. Baekhyun shook his head at the thought that he had ever been afraid of Chanyeol. He was the best thing that had ever happened to him. The shower felt almost lonely to him. Wished Chanyeol was with him, right behind him. To wash his hair and back and just be there.

Baekhyun did not linger. He wiped away the smell of prison and pizza and city taxis came out of his skin and rubbed his scalp until it tingled with the mint shampoo. He almost always had been the optimistic type.

He went out, dried himself, got dressed and then went looking for Chanyeol. Apparently, there was a second bathroom hidden somewhere in the attic because he was already showered, his dark hair damp and dressed in a luxurious plush robe. It was still so strange to see him without his prison jumpsuit.

Chanyeol was watching the news, the summary of the market action. He smiled when Baekhyun entered the room and offered him the remote control. -Would you like to see something else? Everything you want. I have over a hundred channels.

Baekhyun's mouth began to salivate as he looked at Chanyeol. Disheveled. Half dress. Hot. He shifted awkwardly on his feet. He didn't want to sit next to Chanyeol and watch television. He wanted to climb the older man like a tree. He shook his head. -No, no, I'm pretty tired. I think I'm going to go to sleep.

Chanyeol slowly nodded. -Yes. Of course. You had a long day. Well, sleep well. If you need anything let me know. For a second Baekhyun thought that perhaps he seemed disappointed, but then he settled back in his chair and turned his attention to the news. Baekhyun tried not to let his own disappointment show on his face.

-Good night, Chanyeol.

-Goodnight boy. Sweet Dreams.

Baekhyun returned to his room. It was big and comfortable. The window had an expensive Darkened curtain to block street light. The bed was soft, the mattress thick, piled high with multiple blankets and pillows. There was even a white noise machine. Chanyeol had obviously thought of everything. His heart swelled in his chest at the thought of Chanyeol selecting all of this, just for him.

Then he would be comfortable. However, he was not comfortable. He went round and round. The bed was too soft. It felt like he was sinking into a marshmallow. It was very dark. He got up and raised the curtains halfway to leave some light inside. It was too quiet. He got up again and turned off the noise machine.

The sounds from the street were strange and unknown. Too many discordants. Too tall. An ambulance passed and Baekhyun sighed and turned forward and placed the pillow over his head. Perfect. He couldn't breathe now. He threw down the sheets. He put them back on. A few minutes later he threw them out again. He was completely exhausted but couldn't sleep. His eyelids felt like they weighed a ton but his brain was spinning over and over, floating like a fish out of water.

An hour passed, then another, and finally Baekhyun sat up straight on the bed. He was too tired and too frustrated to be shy or embarrassed. The boy got out of bed and walked down the silent hallway to the door at the other end. To his surprise, it had been left open.

Chanyeol didn't seem like the type to sleep with his door open. He pushed it wide open and poked his head in, his voice soft to avoid waking the older man if he was asleep. His voice trembled, uncertain, unsure if he would be welcome. -Cha-nyeol?

His question was kept in the dark for just a second before Chanyeol turned and got up. His eyes were clear and awake and they looked at him expectantly. Baekhyun realized that he had not been asleep. In fact, it seemed as if he had been waiting for him.

His arms went wide and he ran towards them. Chanyeol caught him with a grunt and Baekhyun hit his head on Chanyeol's chin in his hurry.

He buried his face in Chanyeol's bare chest, muttering, "Sorry." Chanyeol hugged him tight, rocking him gently. -All right kid, it's alright. I have you.

The older man rolled over and placed him carefully beside him, placing his small body in his large strong arms. Their legs intertwined, Baekhyun threw an arm around him, pressing against him as tightly as if they had been sleeping in the small bunk in the prison instead of a huge king size bed.

His head rested on Chanyeol's chest and he could hear the constant noise of his heart, beating for real. Chanyeol sighed with satisfaction the same time he did. They were both asleep in minutes.

——————————————————
hiii
hope you like it the update... i think it was cute
what do you think chanyeol's story will be