Chapter Two

"A night club is the big surprise you had?" Brittney grumbled. "I rather get a pap smear." Standing outside, she could smell the faint odor of marijuana and hear the music blasting from inside the building. "You can't be serious, Kayla."

"I wanted to take you to Disney, but it's closed. The club was the second choice."

"I don't like you."

"That's because you love me."

Brittney looked to the bouncer for support. "Help me."

Kayla slipped the bouncer a twenty and pushed Brittney through the entrance. "Don't mind her; she had too much to drink at dinner. She's beyond excited."

Brittney snorted. "I can't believe you brought me here."

"We're going to find you a man."

"Told you, I'm not interested in men right now. Besides, what type of man am I supposed to meet here?"

"One with a dick."

Kayla took Brittney to the dancefloor. Just then, the DJ started playing one of Brittney's favorite songs. "If I told you, you wouldn't have come." Kayla twerked against Britney's front side and turned to face her. "I see you smiling. Come on and loosen up a little. No one can see you in the crowd. They're all dancing crazy."

Brittney looked around the club. There were plenty of people to camouflage her. But still...

"When was the last time we went dancing? Do this for me, pretty please," Kayla begged.

What did she have to lose? They weren't close to their neighborhood, so she doubted anyone would recognize her. Fuck it. Brittney started dancing to the music, not caring that she couldn't find the beat. She let the song take over her body and focused on having fun with her cousin and nothing else.

Jewel Harrison stood inside of VIP and watched the beauty move on the dance floor. She tickled his insides. Never in his life had he seen a black woman move like that. It was an anomaly to observe. Hands in the air and hips gyrating, he laughed when she wiggled towards the ground and needed help from her friend to get back up.

Jewel arrived at the club around ten, ready to play. Due to a hectic week, he needed to relax, and coming to H-top was the perfect place for entertainment. After dancing with a few ladies and having drinks, Jewel settled on standing in the VIP section to people watch. Individuals behaved differently when they didn't realize eyes were on them.

After scanning the crowd, Jewel noticed her. He hadn't been able to take his eyes off her since. Who was she? He didn't know but was planning to find out.

Jewel tapped his brother, Bishop, on the shoulder to get his attention.

"Yeah?"

"I need a tag team." He pointed to the dance floor where the two women were dancing together. Ninety percent of the time, their tag team ended successfully. Bishop Harrison, Sr. created handsome sons. Being wealthy gave them an extra advantage.

"Which one is mine?" Bishop was hoping he got the girl in red. The one in the black looked like a train wreck. She was on the dance floor doing the sprinkler.

"You see the brownie in all black?"

Bishop cringed. "I see her."

"She's mine."

The woman in black wasn't Jewel's regular type. But something was intriguing about her. From what he could see, she was average height and weight. Her wavy black hair bounced as she danced. Jewel wondered if it was natural or a weave. He didn't have a preference, but once before, he pulled on a woman's hair, thinking it was real, and it was a wig. Needless to say, it ruined the mood.