Chapter 8

(Readers POV)

I was being escorted be Winter towards a bullhead. Huntsmen were able to stop the Grimm and everything ended well.

(Y/N): Do you have to do this?

Winter: I do. You helped with this attack and you burned down Beacon property.

We walked into the bullhead. I sat down on one of the seats. Winter looked around and she took the handcuffs off. I rubbed my wrist, she did put them on a little tight.

Winter: Sorry if they were uncomfortable.

(Y/N): Why did you take the cuffs off. Aren't I under arrest?

Winter: I know you won't try anything. Plus, you love me.

(Y/N): That's true. But that is a lot of trust to put into someone.

Winter: Do you want them back on?

She twirled the handcuffs on her finger and started to smirk at me.

(Y/N): No.

Winter: That's what I thought.

She gave me an innocent smile. I looked away and waited til we landed somewhere.

(Time skip)

I was in a interrogation room. General Ironwood was sitting across from me.

Ironwood: Are you willing to talk?

(Y/N): What happens if I say no?

He sighed and the door opened. Winter came in with a folder.

Winter: Here are the files you requested, General Ironwood.

Ironwood took the folder and opened it.

Ironwood: Lets see here. You burned down countless buildings, causing minor injuries to many students. You helped out with the attack.

He got out his scroll and showed me security footage.

Ironwood: This was taking during the night of the dance.

It should the main room of the Communication Tower. Blue flames quickly covered the whole room and destroyed the camera, cutting the footage.

Ironwood: It's pretty obvious that it's you.

(Y/N): And? If it wasn't for me, Cinder would have destroyed Beacon.

Ironwood: That maybe true, but you still helped them in the end and fought against a huntress.

He pointed at Winter.

(Y/N): So what now? Do I go to prison?

Ironwood: Normally yes, but someone is here to see you.

I looked at him confused. Who could possibly want to see me. The door opened and my father walked in.

Ironwood: Hello Endeavor.

Father turned of the flames that surrounded him and sat down.

Endeavor: It's been awhile, son.

(Y/N): How did you know I was here?

Endeavor: I saw you fighting at the Vytal Festival Tournament. You think I wouldn't recognize my son?

(Y/N): I would be surprised if anyone can recognize now. Why are you here?

Endeavor: I want to know why you would help the bad guys.

(Y/N): Why? Well, I wanted revenge on what you did to me.

He looked at me. He didn't look mad, sad, happy, or any other emotion.

(Y/N): But, when I was watching Shoto's fight with Yang. That green haired boy, what he said. It's your semblance, not his. Those words stuck with me.

Father looked at me with interest, like he actually wanted to know what I was going to say next.

(Y/N): I always thought of my power as a burning reminder of you. The torture you put me through. But since that kid said those words, it got me thinking.

Endeavor: Are you saying that your power doesn't remind you of me?

(Y/N): Yeah. I have someone who loves me and I love back. I'm my own person. I am not your son.

He looked at me and got up. He turned his back towards me and walked out the door.

Endeavor: Let him go.

Ironwood stood up in surprise. I was also surprised. Why is he letting me go?

Ironwood: What?! Do you realize what he has done?'

Endeavor: I do. Are you not going to let him go?

He made a ball of fire in his hand. Ironwood stood down and sighed.

Ironwood: Fine. (Y/N), you are free to go.

Endeavor walked out the room and closed the door.

Ironwood: I can't believe he would let him go.

He said under his breath, but I still heard him. Winter walked to me and I got up.

Ironwood: If you try anything like this again, don't think you will be so lucky.

I just went to the door and walked out. Winter followed me and was walking with me.

Winter: What are you going to do now?

(Y/N): I don't know. I don't have a place to live. Guess I'm back to living on the streets.

I felt Winter places her hand on my shoulder.

Winter: If you want, you can live with me.

I looked at her surprised.

(Y/N): Really?

Winter: Of course. You are my boyfriend. I'm sure my father won't do anything.

I looked away.

(Y/N): I can't do something like that.

Winter: Do I need to convince you?~

She whispered in my ear. I blushed and I caved in.

(Y/N): Fine, I will take your offer.

Winter got excited and she grabbed my hand.

Winter: You have to meet my sister and mother. I know they will love you.

She started to guide me. I just sighed. I took my hand back and walked with her.

Winter: By the way. Why did you think Endeavor let you go?

(Y/N): I don't know why. Maybe this was his way of saying sorry. I could care less though.

Winter held my hand. I looked at her and she smiled at me.

Winter: Look at the bright side. You don't have to worry about him anymore.

I smiled at her. I guess I really don't have anything to worry about right now. I fell happy. She gave me a kiss on the cheek. I blushed a little. Winter giggled and continued to walk.

Winter: Let's get you home. You smell like smoke and ash.

(Chapter 8 end)