Groceries

"Gyu," she started speaking, with a pout already on her lips, "I need to go grocery shopping."

The two of them were sprawled out on the couch in comfy clothes. Her in underwear and his old high school varsity hoodie, him in his Calvin's and gym shorts, no shirt. Another Summer day spent doing absolutely nothing and she couldn't take it anymore. Mingyu ran his hand through his floppy hair and sighed dramatically. Before he could protest she was already getting up.

He tried to grab her wrist to pull her back down, but she slapped his hand away playfully and blew a raspberry in his direction before holding out both of her hands to help pull him off of the couch. He rolled his eye at her child-like antics but grabbed her hands nonetheless.

With a grunt, Mingyu rose up from the couch and she giggled, "As much as I love all of this," she gestured to his uncovered chest, "I'm going to have to ask you to put clothes on immediately."

"But I am wearing clothes," he said with a smirk as he gestured to the bottom half of his body.

"You aren't wearing enough clothes," she sighed, "and neither am I. I'll be back in fifteen minutes and you better be fully dressed." It was a demand spoken through puckered lips and a threatening gaze, but he laughed anyway. Mingyu knew that she wasn't even capable of killing a fly without feeling bad, so even if he did face consequences they would never be anything too severe. Regardless he responded with an "I only need ten," and walked to his room to get dressed.

An hour later, the two of them were stood in front of the produce going back and forth about whether or not they should get pre-sliced vegetables and in the middle of the playful bickering, as the fluorescent lights lit her face in the most unflattering of ways, catching every shadow and dark circle, he decided that he was in love with her in a way he wished he couldn't be because he knew his love only ever brought heartbreak.