5. Explanations

Got no regret right now

(I'm feeling this)

The air is so cold and low

(I'm feeling this)

Let me go in her room

(I'm feeling this)

I love all the things you do

(I'm feeling this)

Her eyes opened reluctantly and she shut off her alarm. After doing so, she almost fell back to sleep while trying to sit up straight. She groggily got out of bed and walked into the bathroom. She got to the sink and looked at herself in the mirror. She actually didn't look too bad. It was just her luck that the one day she looks okay, she has to wear that ridiculous...thing. The only good thing about it was that she'd be closer to spending time with Jake. He makes her happy. And that's a very rare thing for her.

She took a quick shower, brushed her teeth, and wearing only a towel on her body and a towel on her hair, went into her room to change. She opened her closet door and looked down at the purple, rainbow covered mess. She grabbed it and stared at it.

She thought, What was going through her head when she got this? What made her think I would like this? She grabbed a black t-shirt from her closet and a pair of jeans from her floor, then changed as fast as she could. She went back into the bathroom and blew her hair dry.

She went to the kitchen thinking, Wow, for something this disgusting, it's actually pretty comfortable.

She opened fridge and got some juice. As she closed the door, her mother's face appeared in front of her. "Jesus Christ, you scared me!"

"Sorry, but I'm not Jesus Christ. Especially since he doesn't exist." Sophia rolled her eyes. Her mother's an Athiest, but she didn't exactly raise her as one. She just didn't raise her with any particular beliefs. Sophia counts herself as a Christian.

"But anyway, can I get a picture of you in your shirt?"

She shrugged, "I guess."

She pulled out her phone and snapped a picture of her looking miserable in that thing.

"Okay, uh, I have to find something to eat." She started going around the kitchen looking everywhere for something to stuff down her throat and hold her off until lunch. She finally just grabbed a pack of Pop-Tarts and said, "I'll just be hungry." She walked into the living room and grabbed her backpack from the couch. "Okay, I'm leaving now. Bye!" Her mother yelled a goodbye back at her while she closed the front door behind her.

She looked in front of me and saw Jake a few feet away. He had just finished crossing the street to get to her house.

"Hey, Sophia. Uh, nice...shirt."

Her face turned red and she barely had any space between her words when she said, "Ihateit. Mymommademewearit. Itwasn'tmychoice. IswearIdonotdresslikethis."

He laughed and said, "Okay, I get it. My mom made me wear this ridiculous shirt with a big train family on it like two years ago. It was horrible. Anyway, come on. We'll be late." She walked down her front steps and met him on the sidewalk.

He said, "Do you have a shirt on under that?"

"Yeah, just a black t-shirt."

"Well, why don't you just take it off and put it back on later when you're coming home?"

She started, "Yeah, but my--" She froze. "I uh-- Well, you see--" She couldn't say it. She let out a big sigh and said, "It's nothing. I'll do it."